Stair Lifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stair Lifts

I need help finding a stair-lift so I can get upstairs in my home without fear of falling. I also may need help financing it or finding a way to get it paid for though a company that deals with MS people.
    Cheryl

Hi Cheryl - I found this for you to start with: https://www.disability.gov/disabilit...ke-accessible/

There are numerous links to search through. I didn't peruse through them, but surely this will help you get started in the right direction.

Hope this helps and good luck
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I got one by Bruno that I'm happy with.
      My husband goggled and got 3 estimates first.

If you qualify you can get financial help from the National MS Society. That is what I was told about 3 years ago when I started researching.

Contact you local chapter and ask.

Comment

Yes, like bluegiraffe said, the MS Society will help with some of the cost. My local chapter will chip in $500 toward the cost of assistive equipment, but I don't don't know if that's the standard mount everywhere.

I didn't apply for assistance, but I just got a new Acorn put in on Wednesday, and I can't believe how much easier life seems already. It was about $2500 including installation. But they quoted me a used one for $1500 installed. If you think about it, they're not a high-wear piece of machinery. Most people use one what, less than 5 times a day? Maybe having a used one isn't much different from a new one.

At any rate, I hope you can get one. Good luck!
        PPMS
        Dx 07/13

Comment

Working...
        X