Place wheelchair into trunk of car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Place wheelchair into trunk of car

Ok, I was getting ready to leave, because I wanted a wheelchair accessible SUV, so I can take my electric Smart chair in my car trunk. I am spoiled. I still have my manual wheelchair, but I'd rather use my Smart Chair.

I have figured out how to drive with both hands, so I can really go fast, and slow down quickly.

My husband is really good. He can lift the chair in and out of the trunk for me. Well, now I found online for eighty dollars, a way to slide a wheelchair into a car trunk!

It is supposed to be for a manual wheelchair, but I'll let you know who it works for my electric chair, that is if I'm home. You know me by now, I'll be out and about!!!!!

Now, if this migraine will go away

te Wheelchair Boot Slider Bag $83.00 Im # 580BAG - Wheelchair Boot Slider BAG

Just a little more specific info, so you'll know where I'm at in a few days

Comment

Price wrong on above threads

Now, I received an e-mail, that I had entered the wrong price on my order, so it is more expensive than I had listed in my posts.

I sincerely apologize. The wheelchair slider is more expensive. The price I had listed, is for the bag to carry the slider. Now I'll just be staying home, in the house.

Comment

tarp for trunk of car for wheelchair

Well, I ended up spending no money, same for current me. My husband had tarp in the basement, so I placed that in the trunk with enough on top of my chair, after loaded into trunk.

The tarp covers the complete outside of the car and bumper, so it doesn't get scratched. Now, all I need to do, is slide the chair up, and place it into the trunk.

I had my husband show me how to load it, and he showed me where the handlebars should be, etc. They show everything in the My Smart Chair videos, you can google on the web. But without having much remaining brain, I'm sure he'll have to remind me to have the handlebars up, and to have the "yellow lock/unlock" for wheels, on top, so they don't get bent.

Now, I'll have to find somewhere to "go." I think I'll just put the cushions on the chair on the porch, and sit out there for some outside air

Comment

Hi Marie...........
          I see you have been here a while, but this thread reads more like a serial sales pitch. I was curious what a smart chair even was, never herd of it before, so I looked it up.

For one thing far too expensive for me. At about $2,400 I could by three of my GoGo scooters with extra batteries. Another thing is the tiny wheels, might be fine for indoor only use.

My GoGo scooter has been many places, especially out-door events I would never even dare try with that smart chair or anything with such small wheels.

Gomer

Comment

Working...
          X