No announcement yet.

swing clear door hinge, YEA so I can get my husband to put the doors back up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swing clear door hinge, YEA so I can get my husband to put the doors back up

Yea, I found another way to spend money & tasks for my husband to do. They are called swing clear door hinges. You can find more information about them with a Google search.

Seriously, these look great! I can actually get through a door entrance with my wheelchair. Yea!!!!!! I know to those not wheelchair bound, this probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is!!!!!!!

Now, an additional way for me to spend money, and create more small jobs for my husband : )

I had him previously remove several doors and place them in the basement for storage.

Also I saw on a video, online, on removing the cabinet doors below our kitchen sink, will make it easier for me to access the sink, since I can get closer with my wheelchair, and get my knees under the sink. So, I aske him to place all that smelly stuff in the garage, and remove the hinges. I know he's going to remove my computer, too. Too Many ideas.

I hope these ideas may help someone, now to go get that credit card that I still have.

Online shopping, here I come. I may no longer have the strength to shop in stores, but online here I come!!!!!!!

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

swing clear door hinge, YEA!!! My husband got the door installed fast

I know he is very intelligent, but he got the hinges changed faster than I imagioned. Now he asked me to order them for the other two doors, I needed them for.

Well, I called the store, but they have them "in stock." They are less than five dollars a door, cheaper than my first door. Here I go with my "advertising" again, so he is going to "_owe_" today to pick them up.

See, I mentioned that my computer may soon be gone, because I am still finding ways to spend money.

Comment

how much wider are the doorways with those hinges?
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

It says it makes the opening about two inches wider

That sounds about correct, because with the prior hinges, the width of the door is in the way. So I am guessing the door is about two inches wide.

So now, I have the width of the frame to get through, not the door end making it narrower. _owe_ said they are now stocking them, when I phoned. This is good, because you can look at them before you purchase. At _owe_ they are priced at under five dollars a door (3 hinges.)

I won't mention how much more I paid for the first door, when I googled them. I didn't get my first door at _owe_, but now will get them from there, because under five dollars, is a good price. SHHHHH, I won't mention to my husband how much I paid for the first door, but it was more than five dollars.

Comment

thank you
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Working...
          X