canadian crutches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canadian crutches

I have been using two canes to maneuver these days. Has anyone used forearm crutches? What do you use to walk in snow?
    Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

you can get attachments to fit on the end of crutches and canes- they are little spikes that help grip in snow and ice- check out a website called fashionable canes

Comment

I have used Kowsky forearm crutches for several years to get into spaces where a rollator won't fit. They are more stable and not wobbly like 2 canes.

Most of the crutches are adjustable for length, and tips can be changed to ice tips or larger rubber ones.

Comment

I use forearm crutches. My arms are weak and that is why I got them. Using a cane sometimes my wrist would bend and me or the cane would fall. With the forearm crutches it keeps my arm straighter and more secure. I rarely use my canes any more.
        SgrammieD

Comment

forearm crutches

Thank you everyone who responded. I am looking on line for a set now. Some are quite expensive. Thanks again for you help.
          Kathy Sue

I not only believe in Miracles....I depend on them.

Comment

I use them and walk in snow rather gingerly. But with that said, in snowy weather my husband (who walks unassited) also steps carefully.

I do not use snow tips, as they are useless on sidewalks here. I do not hike in the woods, but they are loved by a friend who does. I hapapen to use Tornado tips which I swear are more slip-resistant in wet and snowy weather - note, I said slip-resistant, but not slip-proof {learned that the hard way}

A great supplier of tips and forearm crutches is fettermans crutches as well as the walk easy brand. Google search the websites to do some learning and price comparisons. The last time I bought apair of walkeasy 495 model it cost about $125
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult...

Comment

Working...
            X