Cordless Telephone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cordless Telephone

Does anyone have any suggestions on a telephone--numbers I can see well; voices I can hear VERY WELL. My phones aren't working that well anymore. :-) Love to you all.
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

The Canadian National Institute for the Blind has "oodles" of assistive devices, not just for the blind. They have an on-line catalogue, I would honestly be up the creek with no paddle without them.

Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

check with your state to see if they have any disability programs.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Your local phone company might have some suggestions for a phone. Otherwise you can try googling "low vision hearing impaired cordless phones" and several retailers will come up that sell those kinds of phones.

I bought a Panasonic earlier this year because I can actually read the display. It's from their regular line of phones and I thought it would be OK because Panasonic usually makes good products. But the sound quality is kind of muddy which I didn't expect from Panasonic. Because of the sound problem I can't recommend it. You might do better with one of the phones made for people with bad hearing.

Comment

Have you checked out these resources?

http://www.afb.org/section.aspx?FolderID=2&SectionID=4

https://nfb.org//products-and-technology

Comment

I have a problem "affording" assistive products! Even a phone is far to expensive on SS or disability payments.
            Sissy

Comment

Working...
            X