Seat Lift For Minivan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Lift For Minivan

I just had this device called an "Easy Reach" installed in our minivan. Basically, it's a machine that swivels the seat out the door and lowers it so you can get in and out of the minivan easier.

Over the past years it has been increasingly difficult for me to lift my legs in and out of the van. We like/need the van for a variety of reasons, one being it accomodates my scooter/wheelchair.

I did quite a bit of research on the product before buying it. There are two lift seats on the market, the Easy Reach by Access Unlimited and the Turney by Bruno.

I selected the Easy Reach because it's customized for your vehicle and uses the factory seat. The Turney uses their seat. They are about the same price.

You can buy a Turney factory-installed on Toyota Siennas through their disability program.

I asked the Access Unlimited representative who worked with me if they would consider offering a discount for people with MS, through NMSS or MS World and he seemed open to the idea.

It wasn't cheap, $6500, but cheaper than a new vehicle. We have a 2006 Kia Sedona EX with 50,000 miles and the Easy Reach will work on minivans, trucks, and SUVs. The company picked-up my van, installed it, and delivered it back which was nice.

If anyone is interested in my experience with it I'll be happy to reply.

Google: Access Unlimited Easy Reach
Working...
X