No announcement yet.

Drop Foot Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting info about the Foot-Up device. I have been having some horrible pain in my right foot and finally went to the Dr yesterday to have her make an assessment.

I was so impressed with my new pcp. She ordered an xray, referred me to an ortho, as well as PT and said she believes the beginnings of structural damage is due to severe foot drop. I've had it for years now. She described a device she's going to recommend to the ortho and had I not previously read this thread, I wouldn't have known about this foot up device! I knew exactly what she was referring to.

So thanks! I'm thinking maybe - why shouldn't I just go ahead and order it on my own?

Poppydarling - did it take a while to get used to it? Do you wear it all the time?
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

My order is arriving tomorrow. Exciting!

Comment

Okay! Tried the Foot Up with and without shoelace wrap. I think it is great for mild to moderate foot drop, but not enough support for severe (like mine).

Having said that, this is absolutely an affordable option if you can't afford the insane cost of a custom molded AFO or quality carbon one. Partial lift is better than no lift, IMHO!

I am going to show my chiropodist/podiatrist as she has a couple of patients with Charcot Marie Tooth who were looking for a shoeless option.

poppy, thanks again!

Comment

Foot Up

misslux,
          I want to try the Foot Up too
          How did you know what size to order? Are they true to size? thanks!

Comment

I'm small everything so I just always order small, lol!

I think there is more info on the manufacturer site (Ossur)

Comment

Working...
            X