Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions. Looking for a rugged three wheeled electric scooter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions. Looking for a rugged three wheeled electric scooter.

My first scooter was an Invacare.It had 3 wheels, the wheels were about 8" in diameter and maybe 3" wide. It was very solid and I rode it over my farm for years. Uneven terrain .lots of obstacles but this scooter had high ground clearance.

That scooter died and I ordered another. Got one with the same model number but it is not the same.

I need a scooter that is rugged enough for me to travel over farm roads. Pride is flimsy and low to the ground. Anyone have any experience/suggestions? If you are a person who wheels on rough ground...

Linda (whose western MA farm woke up this morning to quite a chill)
    "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

MSLazarus, I just purchased the Aviator S8X, and I am enjoying it. However, it is not three-wheeled, but rather 4. I live in the "wilds" of Montana, with asphalt being a luxury. The S8X has a clearance of not quite 5 inches, and I am able to take it in the woods on paths that were worn with years of walking (no longer possible ). I am able to "walk" my dogs with it.

It has two larger rear wheels, a rotating captain's chair, two speeds, and I do like it. I can't recommend the company I purchased it from (no scooters like this in my area, so the Internet was my only choice); however, I saw another more reputable company in Florida has it for purchase at the same price I purchased mine ($2900).

My email address is listed in my User CP. I would be happy to send you a picture and video of me on the scooter, if you'd like. They are currently sitting on my desktop.

Comment

I moved your thread here, because I thought it would get more attention here. I used to have a three wheeled scooter, but it was neither sturdy nor stable. I also live on a farm, but it was so unstable that I did not venture into the fields with that scooter. It was a celebrity.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I have the TGA Supersport which is stylked after a motorbike and very rugged and sturdy http://www.thelivingcentre.co.uk/pro...FcbLtAodxRAAaw
        Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

Oh boy! Thanks for both suggestions.

I did not know anyone had responded so I am glad I stopped to look.
          Both of these scooters are the right idea and ru4cats tip has a 3 wheeled scooter too. Both are rugged and are described as handling rough terrain.
          I had called local dealers and described what I was looking for and got no ideas so I thought I had imagined it.
          Linda
          "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

found it!

I found a scooter very similar to the one I posted earlier only this one is in the States. In fact I know someone who just got this so if you wanted to speak with him I'm sure that could be arranged. http://www.scooterdiscounts.net/sportrider.html
            Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ... Dr. Seuss

Comment

For all the rest of you farmers and ranchers who live off the beaten path--I am glad there are others dealing with rough ground and no asphalt, because it is a great life.

If you can manage to get on one, I have a small 1500 cc Kymco ATV that my husband gave me about 8 years ago for Mother's Day about 8 years ago. It gave me access to our entire farm ... I could go places I hadn't been to in years.

Through the woods, up an down hills, across creeks, through mud, down the road to the nearest neighbor, etc. We bought it used and it was cheaper than a scooter.

It loads in the back of a pickup and I took it twice to Nova Scotia where I could ride from the beach up the mountain to our cabin.

I can carry my forearm crutches or walker on it. Not for everyone, but maybe useful information for someone.

Comment

Thanks again!

I now have the perfect choices. I will research, call and get a great new scooter that will bring me all over my farm.

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Working...
                X