Internal Vehicle Lift for Small SUV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal Vehicle Lift for Small SUV?

I drive a small SUV (a Mazda CX-5) and need to purchase a vehicle lift to transport my scooter. I would prefer an internal lift but realize the car may be too small. (Maybe a Bruno Curbsider with a Back-off)

If I'm out-of- luck and need to buy an external lift, which is better: Bruno, Harmer, Pride?

Any advice?

with your vehicle you will have to go with an internal if it will fit, outside lifts require a class 3 hitch and your car will only handle a class 2 hitch as towing capacity is only 2000 lb. and class 3 is for 3000 lbs. I know someone will say that it and scooter don't weight that much but it needs to be able to handle one 10th of the towing weight which is about 300 lbs.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

You might want to take the SUV to a mobility equipment dealer and have them measure the space. Even if the specs say it won't fit, a creative installer can sometimes make it work.

I have an Acura RDX. I took it to Mobility Express on a test drive and had them evaluate the possibility of putting in a lift. I've got a Harmar hoist.

It works for a Pride GoGo, if you take off the left arm before loading. My Pride GoChair has to have the seat removed to fit.

Comment

Working...
      X