The Dynamic Brace AFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dynamic Brace AFO

A recent news story here in Montana on the Dynamic Brace AFO peaked my curiosity, and a google search turned up a woman with footdrop that had been fitted with this brace with amazing results. The company is called Dynamic Bracing Solutions. I had a consultation yesterday with one of the 17 individuals in the US qualified to design and fit this AFO, and I decided to post some information in case others are interested.

First, I don't know at this time if this brace is a "good fit" for me, and if it is, if I'm willing to put out the big bucks. It is 10 times the cost of the traditional AFO, and I'm sure won't be covered by insurance. However, the individual I spoke with was very up front about the costs and the possibility it might not work for me which I found refreshing!

This orthosis is the designed with the same technology that Oscar Pistorius, the blade runner, uses. It is used for a multitude of neurological and/or muscular disorders including polio, MD, and MS among others.

After watching the videos, reading a lot on "the google", and my consultation yesterday, I am really impressed with the company and technology. If I decide to make the leap, I will continue to update this thread. For others that are curious, there is a Facebook page for the company that has a story on the individual I spoke with in Kalispell, Montana.

I don't have that, but I do have a similar one called Dynamic Walk AFO by a different company. It is so much better for me than a traditional plastic molded AFO. It costs less than a custom molded one too. I think mine was about $700 before insurance whereas my plastic one was over $900.

Anyway, look up Dynamic Walk AFO and ask a local orthotist to show you one if you are interested.

Comment

Working...
    X