No announcement yet.

Question about using an AFO or WalkAide device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The electric AFO foot assist did not work for me but if you're interested in a mechanical AFO consider this. I use a very light weight carbon fiber AFO that is not custom fitted. The one I use is made by Centri and is called the Dynamic Walk.
    It's extremely light weight and very effective. Ask your Orthotics provider

Comment

Dynamic Walk by Centri?

I have tried two different custom made AFOs and have had no luck with either! So, I am very interested in this off the shelf model. Has anyone else tried it? Did you just order it online or have help from an orthotist? Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I also have a Dynamic Walk but was "fitted" for it by an orthotist. I didn't need the sole trimmed but I did need adjustments made.

I also tried the Bioness but I disliked it because it didn't lift 100% of the time. It was actually pretty scary when it didn't trigger and I tripped. Luckily I was in PT and was being spotted.

Plus I have weak flexiors so still need to use cane.

Comment

Orthotist

It's really important for you to see an Orthotist. He/she can answer your questions regarding AFOs/WalkAide. As far as I know, they can also help you in filing your claim to the insurance company to cover almost 100% of the brace (AFO). It might not be comfortable at first, but your body will get used to it. I've seen some people who benefited a lot from AFO.

Comment

Working...
          X