Love my Walk Aid, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my Walk Aid, but...

I've had my Walk Aid for over 6 months and I think it's great. The problem I'm having is that it's winter, it's cold and I can't figure out how to wear long underwear while wearing the Walk Aid. Has anyone figured out how to wear the extra layer? If the long underwear is big enough to go over the gadget, it's too big on the rest of my legs/hips. If it fits like it's supposed to, it wont' go over the Walk Aid.
    Thanks.

Walk aid

Does insurance cover the walk aids?

Comment

Maybe try wearing leg warmers instead?

Comment

I have no problem with long underwear with mine. are you putting the walkaide on first and then just put the long underwear on as normal , you may have to help it over the unit alittle. if you are putting the underwear on first and pulling it up to you knee and then trying to get it back over the unit that may be your problem.
        Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
          I have no problem with long underwear with mine. are you putting the walkaide on first and then just put the long underwear on as normal , you may have to help it over the unit alittle. if you are putting the underwear on first and pulling it up to you knee and then trying to get it back over the unit that may be your problem.
          I've tried it both ways, but maybe I just need to get looser or stretchier ones. It just felt like I couldn't bend my knee because it was too tight. I also have a pair of polartec pants I can wear over my regular pants, but not if I'm going to work or trying to look presentable.

Comment

Thank you for posting, this is the next thing I want to try

Thank you for posting. This is the next thing I want to try. I haven't spent money in the last several weeks. I did read that this is covered under medicare. I was just about to post a question, if anyone is familiar with this. And walaa, before I can type a question, I read a detailed description. People always ask me, who's helping me. And since most everyone now adays has computer access, I give them the URL. You are all amazing. And if they don't have a computer, I direct them to the public library. And if they don't have access to the public library, this is why it is so important to help one another. Everyone on this message board understands, but to others

Comment

C I don't know what covers what. I read that someone got a prescription for a WalkAid

C, I need to clarify what my previous post should have said. Someone received a prescription for a WalkAid. I know that medicare offers different plans. One that covers this type of stuff, for an extra premium, and one that doesn't.

And then all these "Different" insurance companies offer different "extra" coverage. Maybe it is just me, but should they be allowed to used the word "Medicare" as part of the title for their company. Medicare should just be used for Medicare. I guess I am the only one reading this, and thinking I am reading about 'Medicare.'

Comment

I got my walk aide about 5 years ago

I find it very helpful in certain situations although I have a farm and do not use it when I am working as I am always afraid of falling and smashing it. So I only use it when I go out and the walking will be smooth.

I have been using ampyra for over a year now and it has helped my walking so much that again I do not use the walk aide as much as I used to...

At the time I got the walk aide I was insured by Blue lCross Blue Shield of Connecticut.They denied it but the walk aide company put a team of lawyers on it (free to me) and still it was denied. Finally we appealed to the State of CT and my insurance company was ordered to reverse their denial and pay me! That was quite a victory.

Linda
                "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Working...
                X