Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has experience with Menox driving hand-control driving sysem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has experience with Menox driving hand-control driving sysem?

Being that I am essentially housebound because I've scared myself when driving, I've stopped driving. I'm learning about the Menox hand=control driving system, but am very anxious about it. It's been since August (4 months) since I've driven and I would think I would be biting at the bit to drive again, but the thought of relearning how to drive is competely stressing me out. I live in Tacoma, close to Seattle, both places where there are lot of hills to negotiate. Has anyone learned using this system, and how quickly did it take you to feel natural using Menox? (If I could hire taxis with lifts for my scooter, i'd go with them, but they are not available.) Thanks!
    Rainey, close to Seattle

Have you checked with your public transit authority to see if they have a separate disability system with handicapped buses fully equipped and available for the disabled only?

We have a system in my city through our transit system called "Handi Dart" which is a small fleet of fully equipped handicapped buses that can do door to door pick-ups, and once approved by a doctor, cost about the same as taking a regular bus.

Even though I haven't reached the point of using physical aids myself, I can only be on my feet for extremely limited amounts of time and can't walk far at all, so cuts out normal public transit too. (Then there's the moments when brain completely takes a holiday and I get lost in the city I've lived in my entire life.) So I'm in the process of signing up for it myself.

I can still drive and do have a vehicle, but I am often too tired and/or in too much pain to be safely behind the wheel. With the huge increase in appointments since being diagnosed - doctors, therapies I'm enrolling in, etc. - my husband can't take time off for all of them and my senior father is getting downright scary behind the wheel. (I wish he would realize that. )

It's gonna be embarrassing, at least a first since I'll likely be the most visibly "able bodied" person taking it, but I figure it's better than risking a car accident!

Anyway, just a thought you might want to look into.

Comment

Working...
    X