Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ness L300 Plus

Does anyone use one? Does it help......

I have the L300 for foot drop and i love it. I have tried the L300plus for about an hour my pt and the rep from bioness were there. My pt said that I was walking better and I felt that it was a big help. I just wish that I could afford to get it . My insurance won't pay for it or even help to pay for some of it.

Comment

These devices can really help some people

I have a walk aide which works well. I bought the walkaide even though it is clumsier than the Ness but, the walkaide is hands free. The Ness had a control that you need to hold in your hand and I knew right away that I would lose it. Don't know if it is still that way but it is worth asking about.
      "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"

Currently on rituxan

Comment

Just curious, please give me your opinion

I am currently in a wheelchair, and have never tried any of these. Now, if I don't have a wall near, I am scared of the open space, and use a manual wheelchair.

Comment

C, I can't even post a reply correctly, it only took half, my fault

Now, I don't go hardly anywhere, and only go if I can get my manual chair around. Years ago, many years, I was a very good athlete, used to 'walk' 4 miles in an hour, 3 times a week, every single week.

So you can do the math, I'd walked enough for a lifetime. So I now use a manual wheelchair. Your opinion, should I at least 'try' one of these walkaide or other devices. And if I do decide to 'try' one, will medicare cover one of these, or do you have to have an 'expensive' medicare deduction to get coverage.

I don't have the strength to use my brain on one of these. So I should say, 'I don't the brain strength to go round and round to get coverage for one of these.' Is there any way to have medicare pay for one of these things before I ever receive it?

Comment

If you are going to consider either of these devices, make sure you don't have weak hip flexors which can mimic some of the same symptoms as foot drop. I tried both, and it was only after a two week trial of the WalkAide that I realized I had weak hip flexors; neither will help for this problem, and you can check some other MS forums where lots of these devices are for sale. I think these individuals, after putting out $4500-$6200, realized that foot drop wasn't their problem. You can pay for a trial of either device that will count towards the final cost if you do purchase. If it doesn't work, you will be out @$400, but that is better than retail! I found the HFAD for weak hip flexors, and at $300 it is a bargain! It also works, and I can highly recommend it.

Comment

Working...
            X