X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to find used SureHands lift

Hi,

I've been dx'd for appx 25 yrs, since I was 23. I'm currently elec wheelchair-bound with no use of my legs or left arm/hand. My husband gets me in & out of my hospital bed with a Travel Lifter. For the last six years (when I lost complete use of my legs) I've used a SureHands lift system in the bathroom, which has enabled me to get to the toilet, shower, and dress myself. It takes a while, but I want to do it independently as long as I can. We have a 10-yr old daughter.

The wheel on the lift is worn down to nothing and needs to be replaced, but the rep tells us we can't order parts for that model anymore as the motor has been updated. The price of a new one is $7,500. We'll need to take out a personal loan. We've found a few outdated listings for used systems online, but nothing recent. It's so ridiculous... we paid $12,000 for the one we have now, which is almost as much as my husband paid for his truck (which is still running great!) Even if we have to drive, or fly, out of state to get a used one it would be worth it. Does anyone know of places to search, call, place ads, anything?

any help would be appreciated!
    thanks, Melissa

Have you tried Craigslist? I hope you find one - good luck.

Comment

Is the worn part easy to get to and remove? If it is, taking it to a machine shop might be an option. They may be able to make the part for you.

Comment

Melissa,

i'm sorry to hear about your problem. That rep should be doing this work for you. That really is terrible. Have you tried calling the company? I'm sure they have records. I'd threaten all kinds of bad publicity on websites like this. Sure-hands is not the only company making lifts!

We purchaed a Waverly-Glen lift from the local mobility supplier that sold me my powerchair. (I had estimates from 3 companies selling self-propelled lifts) i'd call to have someone come look to see if a similar part can be ordered elsewhere with a liability waiver. It would also be worthwhile to see if a tool and die or small manufacturer can make this wheel. Do you know any engineers, welders, car geeks or Mr Fix-its? I bet someone has seen a part that can be adapted to work. There is a lady whose husband made her a lift using a garage-door opener!

You may want to post on other websites helping people with paralysis, they may have viewers with other ideas.
        This really ticks me off. I'm sure they made sure to dump their old parts inventory. It would be a cold day in you-know-where before I'd buy a new one from them.

My guy is coming tomorrow to install $65 wheels in mine. I'll make a note to ask him about your dillemma.

Good luck,
        lori

Comment

I just looked at the post and laughed. Looking at the times, while I was compsing my rant, Barry was giving you the good to the point, man who knows that it's called a "machine shop" answer.
          lori

Comment

have you solve your problem with your old surehands lift

Originally posted by lissa13 View Post
            Hi,

I've been dx'd for appx 25 yrs, since I was 23. I'm currently elec wheelchair-bound with no use of my legs or left arm/hand. My husband gets me in & out of my hospital bed with a Travel Lifter. For the last six years (when I lost complete use of my legs) I've used a SureHands lift system in the bathroom, which has enabled me to get to the toilet, shower, and dress myself. It takes a while, but I want to do it independently as long as I can. We have a 10-yr old daughter.

The wheel on the lift is worn down to nothing and needs to be replaced, but the rep tells us we can't order parts for that model anymore as the motor has been updated. The price of a new one is $7,500. We'll need to take out a personal loan. We've found a few outdated listings for used systems online, but nothing recent. It's so ridiculous... we paid $12,000 for the one we have now, which is almost as much as my husband paid for his truck (which is still running great!) Even if we have to drive, or fly, out of state to get a used one it would be worth it. Does anyone know of places to search, call, place ads, anything?

any help would be appreciated!
            thanks, Melissa

i saw an add recently someone is selling an used top of the line surehands system on apparelyzed com

or ....i may also have some parts from my mother surehand that is broken.... but i am new here and i have no idea how to contact you , may be you know more than me here and can contact me with out breaking the rules of the site.

alex anjos- Please remember guideline 7. SELLING ITEMS AND SOLICITING MEMBERS: Offering items for sale, trade, or free are not allowed. Monetary donation solicitations of members by way of e-mail, message board posts or in Chat are also not allowed.

**Email address, in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines, may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

Still Looking??

Hello, I was wondering if you are still looking for a used Sure Hands lift system? My husband and I have one that is in great shape, barely used. Please let me know if you would like more information

donnb - Please remember guideline 7. SELLING ITEMS AND SOLICITING MEMBERS: Offering items for sale, trade, or free are not allowed. Monetary donation solicitations of members by way of e-mail, message board posts or in Chat are also not allowed.

Comment

used sure hands

I am looking for one for my father who has CMT Charcot Marie Tooth syndrome
                you can email me directly ***

thanks

***email address removed in compliance with MSWorld
                Guidelines***

7. SELLING ITEMS AND SOLICITING MEMBERS: Offering items for sale, trade, or free are not allowed. Monetary donation solicitations of members by way of e-mail, message board posts or in Chat are also not allowed.

Comment

The intention of this thread is not for buying or selling a Sure Hand Lift. Solicitation is not allowed on MSWorld!

“Thank you all for your assistance to lissa13. This thread will now be closed.”
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                  X