Carrying Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying Stuff

How do you carry things, say, from the kitchen to the dining room? I use a rollator or cane, so I don't have a free hand. Help!

I am in a wheelchair but I have seen many folks using the seat of the rollator to carry their drinks.

For me, I have a drink holder, the kind you put on a stroller on my wheelchair. Same company has cell phone holder that also attaches to the round bars on the wheelchair or walker. Also a Camel Bak helps bring drinks where ever I go but it is a back pack.

KK

Comment

I am in a manual wheelchair, and I use a loop around my neck

Obviously I can't carry liquids like this, but I loop any type of purse, then place the loop around my neck. Then my purse can lay nicely in my lap, and I don't have to worry about it falling. I found lots of nice loops to use from my childrens sports equipment and backpacks. I know I don't need to worry about dropping my purse, but it just puts me at easy with my loop. And now I can use any purse. When I was well enough to drive, I also had a loop on my car keys. One time to lock the keys in the car, was enough for me. Then I was either in the car, or before I locked it, I made sure the loop was on me

Comment

Carrying things

Have you tried Googling "trolley rollator"? I found some on Abledata that look pretty useful.

Comment

These look great on the URL

I would have bought one of this kind, if I've had known. I like the storage unit under the seat. The seat can be left raised if you are transporting, so that's nice. I use a wheelchair now, but when I used a walker, I never attached the carrier that was in front of the seat. At that time, I wanted one below the seat, but back then, they were all too expensive. These look great and affordable. That was a very good post.

Comment

Update: I got a sweet little rollator that has a tray (and a basket). So, it solves the carrying issue.

Comment

Working...
            X