How do you "Beat the Heat"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you "Beat the Heat"?

Please share your tips and tricks to "Beat the Heat" during the high temperatures of the Summer Months.

If you are interested in cooling products, here are some helpful resources:

Polar Products

Steele Cooling

MSAA Cooling Distribution Program

Please share any helpful cooling techniques you might have!
    Ashley Ringstaff
    Living with MS since 8/30/10

I get up very early and get my dog walked.
    Then do any house work I have to.
    I also take a nap and drink cold water.
    I use the fans a lot too.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

Get up at 5 am, do what I can. Stay indoors. Drink iced coffee.
      SgrammieD

Comment

I live in Arizona where it's over 100 every day from mid April to late September or early October. I try to schedule any trips I have to make as early in the morning as possible and spend the rest of my time indoors in air conditioning.

Comment

Thanks for this thread!

I grew up down south and had no A/C until I was probably a teenager. Just used fans and couldn't understand why my aunt from Alaska kept commenting on how hot it was! LOL! My thoughts at the time were, "Well...it's summer. Of course it's hot." I can no longer handle being without a/c AT ALL. It practically makes me feel sick, as well as triggers sx.

Even up here in central PA, I was having the MOST difficult time over the weekend when out of town. All I know to do is to keep hydrated A LOT, stay indoors, and use ice packs when necessary. Of course, I'm currently on Prednisone, too, so that doesn't help! Oh, and I actually almost downed an ENTIRE "slush puppie" (enormous size!) while at a movie theater on Saturday!

Comment

Whoa! Brain-freeze?

I have certainly done that..! (just not with a slushie..) I have downed some really cold tea...flavored water (Sobe's Fuji apple pear is my FAV!!) and that was standing in line at the grocery store as I am also on Prednisone and I think Wal-Mart actually has been turning the a/c up to conserve energy..it is always SO hot in there even when I am not having "Prenisone Pre-Menopause"...that is what I call the steroid "flushing" I get when I take that and Solu-Medrol. To beat the heat, I also drink alot of fluid, keep as cool as possible...and stay indoors whenever I can. I have a 12 y/o daughter and this heat is really making me feel like a hermit and my poor baby...but 115 F!!! Come on! I need a cooling vest just to go to the mailbox!
            dx 3/2006
            "~to blessed to be stressed"

Comment

Be cool!

I try to stay inside a lot (in AC) and I have many fans blowing throughout the house. I wear light, loose clothing.Try to stay from outside during the hottest part of the day.

Comment

Working...
              X