Smartphone apps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartphone apps?

I put this under "assistive devices" because that's definitely a big part of how I use my smartphone!

It gives me a calendar with reminders about anything I need to be reminded about. It has an app that lets me keep track of where I parked my car when I'm out. I use it to keep track of just about anything I need to remember.

One of the handy things is that I don't have to try to remember something until I can find a pen and paper, and I only have to keep track of one thing (the phone).

Do other people use their phones this way?

And does anyone have an app that works for tracking symptoms? The doctors ask me about things, and I will vaguely remember something (say, that I've had bad vertigo, or that there are numb spots) but I won't be very confident about where.

It's too bad that I have lost the brain power to create apps, because it's the kind of thing that I could probably have figured out how to make, six or seven years ago. (I have this vision of an outline of a body, and you can tap the spots that are numb, or the ones with pain, while it's happening, and have the app track when it happened, and for how long....)
    Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Here's one to try:
    MS Manager by MSAA Resources

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll keep looking for some more, too.

MS Manager looks like it's iPhone only, which is too bad.

And the version of MedNotesPlus I saw on the Android market seems to focus on tracking injection sites, which might be really useful for people who use injectable meds.
      Accepting reality is not the same as wanting to have a problem. It means accepting something that will be happening whether I want it or not.

Comment

I'm an Android user - I am still looking for a good symptom tracker

I do use Med Helper (because I can never remember to take my meds!)

SymptomTracker is okay - but not as robust as i'd like and it took me awhile to figure out how to use it.

ColorNote is my all purpose note taker for those stray bits I need to capture somewhere

Instant Heart Rate - is something I use when panic attacks hit out of nowhere - I find it a very effective biofeedback tool that I can use to bring my heart rate down in a way I can see. It also alerted me to a potentially dangerous heart rate when I had a very bad reaction to an antibiotic. It's never a replacement for medical care, but it did help me that once to realize something really wrong and go get help immediately.

(I use breathing techniques to bring my heart rate down from a panic attack, and for some reason visually seeing the number fall down to normal is very helpful to me)

I hope this helps a bit.

Comment

I found an app on the android market last week called

Manage my pain LITE

It took some getting used to but it is very detailed and can even make a chart for your Dr. I only downloaded the lite verson but I am heavily weighing in on buying it @ 3.99

Comment

I use EverNote. It's free and can be sync'd with multiple devices. It's more free-form than others but does what I want it to do.

Codex
            A spirit with a vision
            Is a dream....
            ...With a mission

Comment

I like Catch.com for the same purposes as Evernote (or so I think--I can write notes, make voice notes, take picture notes, and set reminders for all of them, and share them with other people. And it syncs between phones and with the computer).

Comment

smartphone applications

Most of us have our smartphones with us virtually all the time. There are thousands of applications that do thousands of different things accessible at the push of a button. And a few of them can even earn you a little extra pocket change. Learn more at:

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Comment

email box

i use my email box and a folder that contains everything from my weight, mood and issues i have during the day that may help because i can't remember everything...

Comment

Android users can download an app called MedHelper.. it's great. It will set off an alarm when you have to take meds. I also track my Tysabri on it. It will keep track of your adherence as well and when you need to order refills of prescriptions. For someone like me who is notorious about forgetting to take my meds it's a big blessing. I have only forgotten my evening meds twice in the last four months... that is HUGE for me as I was lucky to remember them 10% of the time.
                    Dx RR MS - April 1st, 2010. (19 yrs old)
                    Words To Live By: "Fall Seven Times; Stand Up Eight."

Comment

I've had a smart one and thanks everyone for the info.

My limited pc/smart phone skills and am pretty frustrated with it.

I forgot which App was my music for about 5 mos and just re-found it last week. It is pretty confusing having to learn this stuff at my age; but it is the way of the world.

It'll be nice to have it help me with my Doc appointments.
                      Like you OP, I am so use to all my symptoms when the doc asks where all the 'electricity' is, I simply recall the most recent longest ones.

having it in the phone, what a great idea! fed

Comment

Working...
                      X