Rain proofing a small scooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain proofing a small scooter

I need to find an economical way to protect my mobility scooter from the rain that is both functional and manageable. I can find all sorts of cool scooter rain guards on European websites, but by the cost become really high trying to import them. I can't seem to find the right type of rain poncho (large enough for me & the tiller) . My scooter is primarily an "indoor" model because when I bought it was only for those days that I knew I wouldn't be able to manage the distances that would be walked. The scooter is a small "travel" type, so not huge at all (fits in the trunk of a car).

Things have changed and I need to use it more both indoors and out. I have another 12 months before my private insurance will allow the purchase of something a little more weather resilient . I haven't yet made any phone calls to see if they will cover a new motorized device due to a change in circumstance because I do have a decent working scooter for what I need - if only I could come up with a way to weather proof it. Any ideas?

Rain Proofing your scooter

Try the Cover Store located in Texas USA. They have got all types of protective covers for outdoor equipment and such.

**business phone number removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld guidelines. this can be found on the website**

web: www.the-cover-store.com

Lee

Comment

Scooters are pretty tough!

I used to worry about my scooter. But I had a lift on the back of my car and I have left my scooter on it through rain and snow. All of the controls are generally water proof, believe or not. You know I don't understand why medicare and insurances want you to always use them inside. I'm young and disabled and somewhat active. Having a scooter gives me freedom to go shopping and see things outdoors.

Comment

Thanks! I am just worried about being stranded somewhere in a down poor. My husband has now gone from it can`t be done - to hmmm your idea about just covering where the electronics are - just might work. I am hoping to finally get over my fear of taking it on public transit tomorrow or Friday. I am in a flare and my son just shared his cold, so I don`t know if I will be going anywhere for the next few days.

Comment

I was also recommended to use a BBQ cover

Somebody had suggested using a BBQ vinyl cover with bungee cords. That could work too. I never tried it on mine but you might find one that works for yours.

Comment

Until you get a permanent solution, pick up a couple of emergency ponchos from Wally world (sporting goods dept) or a sporting good store. They are only a couple of bucks each, and fold up about the size of a wallet. They are flimsy enough to form to your body.

This may give you a better perspective on what the best permanet solution might be.

I keep two of these in my truck at all times. Even though they aere flimsy, you can dry them off and reuses them.

Comment

Working...
            X