motorized chair or scooter for home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motorized chair or scooter for home

It's getting harder for me to maneuver around my house with my rollator. On days that I'm extremely weak or fatigued,I wish I had something motorized to get me to the bathroom or to get around in the kitchen. We have an older house with tight turns to enter the bedroom or bathrooms from the hallway so it would have to be small or able to turn sharply. We want to buy another house but it may not be for another year or two. Any suggestions?

I've recently switched from a Pride Go-Go scooter to a Pride Go-Chair. It's small, goes in the back of our SUV with a hoist, and steers with a joystick on the arm.

I find that the chair turns in a much tighter radius, so it's easier to maneuver in tight spaces. The scooter had handlebars, which got in the way if I needed to sit and eat or do anything else.

Comment

i have an older home too and it has beveled doorways which make them even skinnier. i was pleasantly surprised that my electric Viper by Drive fits.
      it's same size as my manual one by the same name. folds up same way etc. only difference is the controls on the arm, of course, and the removable battery pack that sit under the seat. i can turn on a dime with it. i love it!

praying that you find what bests works for you!
      happy shopping!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

chair or scooter

Thanks for the tips. I'm excited to get one - haven't quite narrowed it down to which one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky10
          Hoverounds are small, circular in shape, and extremely maneuverable. They are custom made to your size. The company will bring a demo to your home for you to try.
          Thank you for this tip! I'm not yet using a wheelchair, but we are remodeling our home to make it more accessible. I know the ADA says 32" doors and 5' turning diameter are needed, but we didn't want to have to change every interior door and don't have a big enough house to have the 5' turning diameter in every room. It's good to see this smaller chair (plus you can add a lift seat to the chair if countertops are too high)! The chair would more than pay for itself by saving remodeling costs.

Comment

Working...
          X