Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing an elevator in my house

Hi,
    Does anyone have any experience with having an elevator (or lift) in the house. It has to travel to 3 floors. I'm not looking at anything fancy.

Thanks
    ELlen

LEV Elevator Installed

Purchased a LEV brand elevator about 4 years ago. Travels from main floor to finished basement. Total cost was nearly $30,000.

Comment

elevator

I have a w/c lift from Trust T Lift. Mine goes 2 floors, works great. Cost around $5000.

Comment

Originally posted by EEM View Post
        Hi,
        Does anyone have any experience with having an elevator (or lift) in the house. It has to travel to 3 floors. I'm not looking at anything fancy.

Thanks
        ELlen
        I don't have one at home but I've put enough of them in over the years.

Things can get expensive all depending on how much work is needed to build the hoistway enclosing the lift. There's a bit more than just cutting holes in the floors.

One doesn't want to create structural problems in your house and that part is usually left up to a good contractor who is willing to work with the company installing the elevator part. Things need to be square and plumb and built like the drawings say.

You might want to think about 2 stairchair lifts or ones with foldable platforms if a walker or wheelchair comes into
        play.

Depending on where you live these devices might be required to be inspected by whoever regulates them. In others they don't when they are in a private residence.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies.

It has to be a real 3 flr elevator.Space is tight. This new house construction, contractor is putting it in and has been working with elevator co..Yes, I know it has to be inspected, so does my current lift in Ma.. $$ MS=$$

Comment

Working...
          X