Portable Reacher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable Reacher

I'm always dropping things due to some hand problems. In my bathroom, anything dropped runs over and hides under the edge of the vanity, particularly pills. I think they grow little legs.

I have a "reacher" that is a sticky little disk on the end of a telescoping handle. You just take the cover off, extend the handle, and hold it against the item to pick up for about 4 seconds. Great for pills, pieces of paper, etc.

It's called a Tele-Stik. It's small and slim, fits in my vanity drawer, or my purse, or my scooter basket. There's one that includes a magnet.

I NEED ONE!!!! WHERE DID YOU FIND IT, I COULDN`T FIND ONE WHERE I NORMALLY LOOK?

DAVE
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

They are sold over the internet, and come from Canada.
      Google Telestik, or to go telestik.com.
      I found it after seeing something in the NMSS magazine a few months ago.
      I now have three: one in the bathroom, one on my desk, and one in my purse.

Comment

Where do you keep it?

I added velcro to the arm of my wheelchair & hook the reacher on the side of my chair. It is bad when you drop something & then have to hunt for the stick.

KK

Comment

all i found are 'reachers' that only will lift a couple pounds, do they make others? where else can i look for them?

dave
          hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
          volunteer
          MS World
          hunterd@msworld.org
          PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by kmallory1 View Post
            I'm always dropping things due to some hand problems. In my bathroom, anything dropped runs over and hides under the edge of the vanity, particularly pills. I think they grow little legs.

I have a "reacher" that is a sticky little disk on the end of a telescoping handle. You just take the cover off, extend the handle, and hold it against the item to pick up for about 4 seconds. Great for pills, pieces of paper, etc.

It's called a Tele-Stik. It's small and slim, fits in my vanity drawer, or my purse, or my scooter basket. There's one that includes a magnet.
            kmallory,

Thanks for the idea...I got one...and yes it works great! I'm always dropping pill lids and pills and would call for my husband to hurry and pick them up so one of our dogs didn't eat them! Now I can do it myself! Thanks again!
            Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X