Handwriting difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handwriting difficulty

I have problems writing checks neatly. I am tired of almost finishing a check only to make mess it near the end of the the check and having to void the check. What have other people done to try to tackle the problem? I am at wits end.
    Gina Bartz

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I`M NO LONGER ALLOWED TO WRITE OUT CHECKS (BY WIFE). CAN YOU USE A STAMP? I DON`T KNOW IF THAT`S LEGAL, BUT IT`S WORTH INVESTIGATING. GOOD LUCK.

DAVE
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Genus

Hi! There are companies that make ink pens for people that have that issue to deal with. I don't know any particular companies tho.
      Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

I pay everything online now through my bank's online banking.

The only check I still write is to my hairdresser. And we have an agreement that I pay her $200 at a time and decrease the balance with every visit. So I only write her a check every quarter or so.

Comment

Penmanship

I find if I have to write a check or fill out a form, I do it first thing in the morning. And I print.

I almost always use the computer to address envelopes.

Sometimes I feel like a kid just learning
          toot

DX 1986 currently on TY
          Copaxone 2003 to February 2015

Comment

Originally posted by snuzzer View Post
            Hi! There are companies that make ink pens for people that have that issue to deal with. I don't know any particular companies tho.
            snuzzer, that sounds really interesting. can u give us more info to find it?
            my handwriting was bad before MS, now it's totally illegible even to me sometimes.
            there's times when you have to write a personal note or letter & it's embarrassing all the scratching outs i have to do. grocery list is useless for DH.
            anyone else got suggestions?
            maybe i could hire my own scribe to write letters. LOL
            oh well, there just might be somethings that technology can't 'fix'.
            thanks for any suggestions & for bringing up the topic.
            GOd bless ya!
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

poohb3ar and all

Hi again!

There are alot of websites with some pretty neat stuff. but there are a few I like in my profile. Look for more by typing "assistive devices" in your favorite search engine. It is cool how much stuff people have come up with to help us do things! Happy looking! Snuz
              Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

i have the same problem also, what i have done is first i purchased triangular grips that slide on pens or pencils for getting a better grip. can't remember where i got them. most importantly, i do my writting in the morning, then i start doing my signature first then moved upward as my hand would smear the ink if i went downward on the form or check or whatever. hope this helps

Comment

I HAVE TREMORS WHICH PREVENT ME FROM WRITING IN A FLUID MOTION. DO THOSE PENS HELP WITH THAT ISSUE?

DAVE
                  hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                  volunteer
                  MS World
                  hunterd@msworld.org
                  PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
                    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. I`M NO LONGER ALLOWED TO WRITE OUT CHECKS (BY WIFE). CAN YOU USE A STAMP? I DON`T KNOW IF THAT`S LEGAL, BUT IT`S WORTH INVESTIGATING. GOOD LUCK.

DAVE
                    My blind friends use a stamp, and it is a legal signature. Good luck.

Comment

We get paid twice a month in our house, and our bills are pretty much the same each month, so on a good day I write out all the checks and just put them back in bill folder till the day to mail them. I use my debit card more cause no ones signature ever looks good on those machines anyway and if I am with one of my dd's, I have them fill it out and sign it as bast as I can....Once i show cashier my dl so it looks like me they don't question especially since I have had dd fil out check for me. Last week, I had cashier fill it out and I just signed it.

Judy Sz

Comment

Wanchik's Writer

Someone on another web group uses this to write with.

http://store.ergocube.com/wanchikswriter.html

This is the description -
                        Plastic-covered aluminum hand and hand/wrist orthoses hug the palm and hold the index finger to give individuals with weakened hand, finger and/or wrist dexterity the support and control needed to write.

Designed to fit pencils and thin ballpoints, these writers are easy to slip on and off.

Easily bendable for a customized fit.

Wraps comfortably around the palm, opening on the ulnar side.

KK

Comment

thanks KK, couldn't find it under ergocube, but did search for wanchikswriter and came up w/ some good sites and devices including one less restrictive & cheaper pen writer called active write pen from activeforever. i've still have some grip so that looks like it might do the trick.
                          unless someone else has a better idea?
                          thanks again
                          take care & God bless ya!
                          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by JudySz View Post
                            We get paid twice a month in our house, and our bills are pretty much the same each month, so on a good day I write out all the checks and just put them back in bill folder till the day to mail them. I use my debit card more cause no ones signature ever looks good on those machines anyway and if I am with one of my dd's, I have them fill it out and sign it as bast as I can....Once i show cashier my dl so it looks like me they don't question especially since I have had dd fil out check for me. Last week, I had cashier fill it out and I just signed it.

Judy Sz
                            When I have to write a check at a store, I regularly ask the clerk to write out the check. Then I sign it. I've even gone to the bank and signed a new signature card to shorten my signature. I put everything I can on our credit card and pay the balance at the end of each month. I can pay the credit card balance by phone or oin the computer.

Comment

I have been a cashier and I was always happy to write out a check for anyone who asked.
                              Portia

Comment

Working...
                              X