Idea for slippery bottles and lids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea for slippery bottles and lids

I was having a problem in the shower hanging on to shampoo bottles and the lids to them. I'd always drop them when they got wet and slippery. I got the idea of wrapping a couple of rubber bands around them, and it makes them a lot easier to hold on to.

I've started doing the same thing in the kitchen to bottles and jars that I have problems keeping a grip on. It seems to work really well. (Just wanted to share in case anyone else has this problem. )
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Good idea Shashi! I just first saw this post. Man- I am getting behind in my reading!! Always thankful for hints to make life easier living with this monster.

Comment

This is a wonderful idea, Shashi! Now what to do about that bar of soap? I drop mine dozens of times and sometimes hit my poor sensitive feet! I'm thinking maybe getting soap on a rope? Wonder if they still make them?
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        This is a wonderful idea, Shashi! Now what to do about that bar of soap? I drop mine dozens of times and sometimes hit my poor sensitive feet! I'm thinking maybe getting soap on a rope? Wonder if they still make them?
        Seasha, I use body wash from a bottle on one of those poofy bath thingies. (Can't remember the name of the thing. Sorry!) And with the rubber band around the body wash bottle, I don't drop it as much as I used to.

You could probably use a rubber band on the soap too. It'd probably still lather up the same. And if you Google soap-on-a-rope, it does look like they still make it. I think Avon has it and other places too.
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Take 2 wash cloths

and have someone sew them together on 3 sides. Put the soap in between the wash cloths.

I use liquid soap every where in my house. Just easier .i all concerned.

KK

Comment

I have dispensers on the wall. I have shampoo in one and baby oil in the other.
            Then I don't have to worry about bottles, etc. They come in single dispensers all the way up to four, i think.
            You can buy them at Home Depot or Bed Bath & Beyond.

Comment

Working...
            X