Bioness L300 PLUS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bioness L300 PLUS

I have had the L300 for almost two years and appreciate the help with foot drop. The L300 Plus has been approved by the FDA and may be available by mid-November. I made an appointment with my PT who contacted the Bioness people and I had a trial in mid-September. I used it on two occasions at PT and found it very, very helpful in picking up my leg--in my case the hamstrings were stimulated; for some people it will be quadriceps. I felt very bionic when wearing the two cuffs, the heel sensor and the control unit. My gait was much improved and I think fatigue was lessened. Could have been the Hawthorne Effect. I am on a list to get a trial when the devices are delivered to Bioness. My insurance will not cover it--surprise, surprise. The Plus is an addition to the L300 so that "all" I will have to buy is the thigh stimulation device and a new control unit.

I am wondering if others have tried to L300 Plus and how they feel about it. At this point, I would recommend it hands down. I don't feel I need a trial--but will take it just in case.

Wanna-be Bioness L300 PLUS owner

Howdy! Just adding my support for your acquisition of the new addition to the Bioness. I do not have complete foot drop so tought the device would not really help me BUT with the stimulation of the hamstrings/quads, I'd like to test one out.

I am waiting for Bioness to return my call to see where I might try one out. Sadly, I do not have a local physical therapist but will acquire one, if necesary. Deb~

Comment

Finding a Bioness Facility

Deb:
      If you check the Bioness site, you will find a page of physical therapy sites that offer therapy using the L300. It will be necessary for you to find one of those sites to be trained on and fitted with the device. Good luck in finding the information and finding a therapist. I am really hoping to have my Bioness L300 Plus before Thanksgiving. I will post when I get it.

Comment

Working...
      X