Cooling Vest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling Vest

Everyone tells me I should get a cooling vest. I look on-line and there are a lot to choose from. Does anyone have one they would recommend?

I got one from the national multiple sclerosis association. It works very well. I had an issue with the cool packs bursting, but Polar sent me a whole replacement set at no charge either...

If you are eligible, free is always good!

Comment

Check out MSAA
      Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth. Unknown

Comment

pballer76, I've tested a number of vest and have written a detailed buyer's guide. If you have any specific questions, I'll try to help the best I can.

activemsers.org/tipstricks/choosingacoolingvest.html

Comment

i have had one for years that works well. it uses the 'popsicle' like inserts into vest pocket. mine not very flattering, but they now have more feminine friendly ones too if you should need them.

gel pack coolant vest. from Glacier Tek in Melbourne, FL (coolvest.com) originally designed for construction, landscaping, etc. workers.

hope that helps!
          take care and God bless ya!
          "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

glad you started this thread!

My family is planning to visit India in December 2012. I know that we will most likely NOT have any A/C wherever we go b/c most Indians will be wearing sweaters. I have always wanted to visit the area where my hubby was born and spent the first 10 years of his life. We have also always wanted our kids to see this part of their heritage and have several relatives who are eager to meet us (just as we are eager to meet them).

The first option presented by my fil was to go next summer. That would be basically impossible for me to endure in southern India! He changed his mind, so it is planned for December of '12 instead of summer of '12. Yay!!

Even so, I've already been thinking of things like a cooling vest. Now, I'm just hoping I'll be doing much better or have the means to get around when we do go. I'll have to keep this information in mind!

Comment

Working...
            X