Cool Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Things

With hard econcomic times, what do you do to save a little money. Please share your neat ideas with us. Remember every little bit helps these days!

I try to always put our jeans on the clothesline to dry and only put them in the dryer for 10 minutes to fluff them up. So instead of an hour of drying time I only use 10 minutes.

Hi Lexie,

There is a whole long thread on the Assistive Devices, Technology, and Useful Tips board about this very subject. Lots of great ideas listed there and your's would fit right in.

Check it out: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=112919

Hugs,

Lisa
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

That's a great idea, thanks for sharing!

I coupon (not extreme), but I do clip them and use them for items that are on sale on double coupon day.

I shop resale stores (mostly salvation army). You have to go through lots if stuff, but I often find gently used items and items with tags still on them.

I'm also a member of several sites like Daily Deal and coupons4free. I get emails for the deal of the day, like 1/2 price haircuts, Old Navy certificates that cost $10, but are worth $20 (love that one). They usually don't expire for 30 days.

I have never done this, but I've heard fir years that if you put all if your electrical items on surge protectors and switch them off when you're not using them, it will Dave quite a bit in your electric bill (ie, lights that are on even when the appliance is not in use, etc).

Thanks for starting this thread!!
      , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

Interesting posts.
        I have always fluffed items in the dryer for 10 minutes and then hung them on a hanger outside to finish drying. I save the electric bill and I love the smell of clothes hanging outside. I also try to not use excess utilities between the "peak" hours of the day. For me that is between 3pm to 9pm. No laundry or dishwasher, etc. during that time. I try to use left overs before they go bad in the fridge or in the freezer. If the oven is already heated I will then use it to bake cookies, etc. Not to just turn the oven on for that. I try to think smart and since we live 15 miles outside of town we go to town once a week to do the important things; groceries, gasoline, doctor appointments, and such. Lump them all together.
        This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Have a great day, Leola

Comment

Hi Lexie,

I've moved your thread to the forum Shashi mentioned (Assistive Devices, Technology, and Useful Tips), where it can keep company with the other thread currently running on this topic.

It's sure to be full of useful tips!

Comment

Working...
          X