Don't Know What To Do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't Know What To Do

My fiance is the one with MS. Last night became very apparent that he needs some kind of aid. It is super hot here in Missouri right now so that just adds to this.
    After so long of walking he is dragging his feet, not able to keep a good balance, maybe even stumbles, getting tired, and really needing to sit down if I'm looking at stuff (we were shopping).

Now here's the problems. It would seem he wants something he could hide away, he wants something that looks cool.
    I think he needs something that has a seat built into it.
    Here's the major problem. Everything I've looked at is only up to 250lbs. and he is of course over that.
    All folding canes have that weight limit, so does the canes with the seat.

I'm going to get him to make another appointment with his nuero and make him think of something. His nuero doesn't seem to care. He thinks his drugs will cure everything wrong with him. He was diagnosed in May this year and he has memory problems, speech problems (can't get a word out he is trying to say, stuttering), therefore I think he needs to see other kinds of doctors to help him. We haven't even gotten some kind of letter that states he has MS in case we need it for something. Also think we need to get a handicap sign so he doesn't have to walk far in a hot parking lot.

I just don't know what is out there that can help him as he can't keep up with our shopping that we normally had been able to do.
    I am here for my fiancé. He is age 30 from Ohio but now lives in Missouri with me. I'm learning all I can about MS to pass on the info to him. He was DX right before his birthday May 2011 and he believes he might have had it since he was 15.

They sell bariatric walkers and wheelchairs for larger people, Aneres. If he decides to get a wheelchair, he should be measured for it by the wheelchair vendor and not just buy any chair. His life will definitely be easier with an assistive device!

Give your chapter of the MS Society a call to get some names of vendors, and good luck!
    “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” Ernest Hemingway
    Diagnosed 1979

Comment

Working...
    X