Transfer to bathtub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer to bathtub

Since I can't stand for very long to shower and hate to give up soaking in a tub. I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for getting in and out. Right now my husband helps me in and out, but I'm thinking there must be an easier way. Any ideas?

I'm looking into the same thing for my husband. Google "Bath Lifts" and you should find some really neat devices for helping you in and out of the the tub.

Comment

I use a bathtub transfer bench - i has a back and two legs sit in the tub the other two are just outside the tub. I transfer from the wheelchair to the bench, then scoot myself and raise my legs over into the tub.

Challenging for me - but it works.

Mine is by invacare - you can goggle transfer bench and will find others - and search for posts on this topic for more input too.

Comment

I would only add that a "hand-held" shower head is very refreshing when using a bench since you can't sit in tub
        [I]Tellnhelen
        Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

For those of you that use a hand held shower head - is it helpful. Due to poor upbody balance and lack of any leg control I shower on the transfer bench with the regular shower head spraying on me throughout. This way I have both hands to shampoo my hair and soap up.

It is hard to rinse and my bottom parts () since I cant stand, I lean and lift some using my arms (not easy). Figured a hand held shower head would be good for rinsing but not confident how since I have to use my hand to hold it.

Any suggestions, tips ?

Thanks.

Comment

Try a handheld shower head that has a shutoff switch.

Then you can leave the water on, rinse, then shutoff just the handheld. Set it down and use both hands to shampoo and soap up. Then turn the handheld back on.

Comment

thanks cosake - will give it a try

Comment

You can get one that has a vertical bar attached to the wall. The hand-held part fits into an attachment that slides up and down that bar.

I move the shower head down to the bottom of the bar, sit down, and then use it while it's attached to shampoo my hair, etc. Then I lift it off and move it around to rinse.

My husband slides it back up to the top of the bar to use as a regular height shower head.

Comment

kmallory1,
                  do you have the manufacturer/model of the the nozzle that comes with the vertical bar ? It seems this may be a better answer for my concerns with tying up my hands.

And do you find the pressure is good to rinse well ?

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X