Arctic Heat cooling vest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arctic Heat cooling vest?

Hi. Does anyone use the Arctic heat brand cooling vest? Just curious how you like it. I initially ordered the Glacier Tek one, but I find it way to bulky and frankly would not feel comfortable wearing it in public at all (looks like a pink life preserver). Don't get me wrong, the cooling power is super and that part of it is very comfy...just too bulky for me.

I am returning it and have ordered the Arctic heat vest

Please let me know if you like yours?
    Dx: 2001
    Currently on Tysabri since Dec 2010
    Feel lucky to be doing so well!

Hey you may be the center of attention wearing your life preserver around town. I can just see me wearing it to work. Seriously I have thought about them too but they are so expensive. Let us know if you like the other one.

Comment

workinmamma

There's alot of great info on cooling vests in the Assistive Devices forum.

So, your thread is being moved there.

Take care,
      KoKo
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

As I recall the Artic heat one was rated best to wear during sports, and it does seem to be one of the more attractive vests, if you could call any of them attractive!

Do let us know how you like it when you get it.

I have a Coolsport classic vest, it is white and uses phase change inserts. It zips up the front which is a plus IMO. It looks very odd if I use the inserts in both the front and back. If I want to be less conspicuous, I use only the back inserts. Too bulky with inserts in the front and back.

The positives of the phase change inserts are that they are pretty long lasting for cooling, and your vest and clothes will stay completely dry.

Your Glacier Tek also used phase change inserts I think, looking at a picture of it I can see why you wanted one that was less bulky and looks better.

Comment

Working...
        X