Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning tips?

Hi everyone,

Okay, Mama has been down for a little while now and I'm looking around the house and thinking "Whoa.... what happened?!" Don't get me wrong, my husband is GREAT, but he's got a lot on his plate.

So, what are your fave energy saving cleaning tips?? (Besides ignore it, b/c at some point it has to get cleaned up! lol)

Cleaning tips

My main one is do a little bit every day. I have a schedule I repeat it to my husband in my 1st email to him at work each day. That helps me remind myself I used to write a list down every day and mark it off, but it's getting too hard to write now.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

I agree with techie. A little bit every day. Plus I get my kids in on it to help too. Doing it in spaces, ya know broken up, I have found is a little easier on my body.
      What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I try to focus on one area per day. This summer it seems to be the kitchen everyday. I use paper plates (not plastic and never styrofoam). I try to make one dish meals to further cut down on dishwashing. I've put away alot of my family photos and collectibles, dusting is so much easier without the clutter.
        I'm making an effort to seriously reduce the number of things I own. This is a work in progress as is housetraining my husband of 23 years.
        I suffer greatly from fatigue but will force myself to do a ten minute task and am sometimes impressed with what I can do in 10 minutes.

Comment

I agree with everyone.

I do a little every day. I pick a room and clean it. When it comes to doing the floor or dusting I will have a day were I just do that. I know that sounded weird I will give example.. (last weeks schedule)

sunday bathrooms no floors done
          monday kitchen no floor done
          tuesday laundry
          wednesday bedroom
          thursday floors (kitchen and bathroom) I felt good this day so I also dusted and cleaned living room.
          friday I cleaned up anything that got misplaced through the week and went grocery shopping
          saturday whatever I missed or saw that needed be done

Comment

Here's a few things that help me...

Large Pretty Wicker Basket (I cruise through the house and put everything in the basket that needs to be returned to other rooms) Then.
            after dinner everyone has to remove their items from the basket and return them where they belong.

Designated spot for mail and paying bills

I use all swiffer cleaning things because they're very light weight and easy to maneuver from a chair.

An inpatient OT helped me set up a memory journal, one section is on Home organization with large font printed grocery lists, to do lists and daily cleaning schedules so I can just flip it open look at he day and know today I ONLY have to dust and sweep. it also has an address book, pockets for all my doctors, caregivers, therapists (etc) business cards, a section for my current medicines, pharmacy, doses. Tehir easy to make the pages on the computer print one set in b/w and have multiple copies made at KINKOS then fill a binder.
            Part of the memory journal is things like where I was born, where I;ve lived, my anniversary, all my kids birthdays and anniversaries, their favorite colors and likes as well as mine and hubby's.

Heavy things like vaccuming, cleaning out the fridge and oven are hubbys job now.
            Faith, Hope & Love
            Gina
            MS 1988 SPMS 2005

Comment

Working...
            X