Cooling neck wrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling neck wrap?

Or that type of thing--wrists would help too.

I am wondering if anyone has any brands they can recommend or what to look for. Some I am seeing you put in the freezer and others you just soak in water for 30 sec and they claim to cool all day. Not sure I believe that.

I will be going on a trip this weekend with extended family and am trying to find a way to be able to spend time with people outside. It is going to be terribly hot here and I just can't do that. (Not that anyone other than my husband is going to get that, so that should be fun.) I am hoping that I will be able to at least curb my overheating somewhat or for short periods of time.

Also, do they work in high humidity? I just think the whole idea of evaporation might not be workable when it's 80% humidity out there.

Thanks!!

jworth

Moved this thread to the Assistive Devices Forum - there are several threads on "cooling" items here!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Chilly Pads

I like these. I have several, keep one in the car along with a bottle of water to wet it.
        They come in cool colors and I noticed on their website they make a scarf but I've never seen one of those.
        They are made by Frogg. Toggs and are reasonably priced. Check out the website to see if there is a retailer near you.

Comment

I talked to Shared Solutions and they sent me a cooling neck wrap. I will definitely use it this summer. Be well!

Comment

I CALLED shared solutions this evening.

Looking forward to getting a neck wrap from them.

Gomer

Comment

How did these work out

from Shared Solutions??

Did you get them yet?

Just wondering if I should call. NO A/C in my vehicle is wearing on me again this summer.
              I take ice packs with me put they are bulky.

I have some neck/wrist wraps that I got but they are the soak in water kind , and they are fine up to about 90ish degree outside , but it's 100 degrees and those wraps are effective for about 30 minutes at that temp.

I don't qualify for the MS Assoc. cooling assist. ---

Thanks in advance for responses.
              T-tk (dx RR 10/08 Copax.2008)
              Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So...get on your way.

Comment

I got mine. They actually sent me two. They do work well. Once I put them in water, I let them sit in the fridge for a little bit so that the coolness will last longer. Be well and good luck with the heat. I love summer but it's always so difficult to get through.

Comment

Working...
                X