Cooling vest comparison test complete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooling vest comparison test complete

I just completed an exhaustive, unbiased series of tests of different types of cooling vests that members here may find helpful. The results were pretty surprising and could inspire smarter designs in the future. Hope everyone at MS World stays cool this summer.

www.activemsers.org/gear/testcoolingvests.html

Dave Bexfield, ActiveMSers

Hi Dave

Thanks for your efforts in doing the cooling vest comparison tests!

Very informative and helpful!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I have a POLAR cooling vest that came with 2 sets of polar cool max(?) which seem to be gel like.

It's tan colored has lots of pockets front & back. It uses Velcro over the shoulders and sides with a front zipper, not sure the model name.

This is my second year using it and I get a good 3hrs out in the hot heat. I am not super heat sensitive but out doors when its HOT is a problem, well without the vest.

I wear mine over clothing, T-shirt plus a short sleeve shirt. I do wear a hot with good but not huge brim, enough to shade me some.

I have not had or tried any another vest, I do joke a bit about it making me look more like suicide bomber than a suicide bomber. I take a I don't care attitude since it allows me to do more.

I am thinking about a neck cooler.........maybe.

I found the testing interesting, informative and maybe, if budget allows try something else as well.

I have more than once thought it would be NICE to have a vest that could use the gel/ice packs that my Copaxone comes in. I have tons of them, I'm a bit of a packrat

Gomer Gomer says thanks for the research info

Comment

Thanks Gomer and Koko. Just an FYI that three of the four manufacturers who donated vest for the shootout have provided ActiveMSers coupon codes ranging form 10-20 percent off. (Note that I receive no compensation or commission from any vest company). Details on how to get the discounts (basically just become a member by signing up for our newsletter) are on the website.

As for reusing your cooling packs, at least to keep your medications cold, I strongly recommend against it. You'll definitely freeze your meds as my tests confirm. Be careful, Gomer!

activemsers.org/gear/testmedcooler.html

Comment

Working...
        X