Just checking in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in

Tornados ripped through Alabama almost two weeks ago. Personally we are fine but have been doing recovery work in the area.

Have been watching it so as not to cause a relapse. Noticed this a.m. my balance was off so I stayed home.

I fell down the stairs to the garage...again. I can't tell you how many times I trip on them. This time, I hit the floor.

I hope to get in with the chiropractor.

Keep Bama in your thoughts and prayers. We were lucky, others were not.

Kudos to you for helping with the recovery. The last time I posted on the tornado situation, I had no idea it was going to become so severe. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone impacted by the storms!

Sorry about the fall, I hope it will have no lasting effect. Hate falls......

Comment

So happy to hear you're doing ok as far as the tornado's anyway. Scarey for sure.

Anyway you could have a ramp put in rather than the stairs? Sorry about the fall and sure hope you don't have lasting effects.
      What if trials of this life
      Are Your mercies in disguise?
      "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Hugs my dear..so glad you are ok from tornadoes and feel for those who aren't.

Hope this crappy time will pass soon for you. Falls are usually a sign something is going on. Do you always use the railings whenever you do any stairs?

Again.. glad to hear from you

Warmly, Jan
        I believe in miracles~!
        2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
        Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Thanks for all the sweet responses.

We only have three steps in the garage. I (for some reason) trip up or down these. I have no idea why.

Today my right ankle rolled (never has happened before) and I went down like a ton of bricks because my left foot was a step behind. I am normally left side weak.

I do have a bruise on my rear, could be worse.

The tornados were horrid. They came within 3 miles of our home. I have pics on FB. If you want to friend me, just send me an e-mail.

Comment

Glad to hear you survived the stairs (again).

Use the HAND-RAILS...or install some if they are MIA.

Nice to hear you are able to help others.

BTW how are you doing with your CANE?

Gomer Dr. of, Been There, Done That

Comment

oh ouch!! Sorry about the fall, but glad you're ok otherwise. I have a cousin in Birmingham and she's ok too. Take care of yourself as you take care of others!! Still sending good thoughts and prayers down your way.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

From Alabama too...

I hope you recover soon from the fall.
                Be extra careful out there tomorrow if you attempt it.
                I just saw the news say it was going to be 90 in the Birmingham area if you are close to there. Whew!
                I was one of the lucky ones as well.
                I have been working from home as we still don't have all services restored at work.

Comment

Working...
                X