No announcement yet.

Drug That Could Stop MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to side on what Jazz said, although i was only dx'd about four years ago, i saw my older sister suffer for about 30 yrs, until ms took her out , ya i know ms doesnt kill and its the effects of it. But i take on the attitude of IT IS WHAT IT IS, and try to live my best with what i have, when i can know longer do that its time to pull the plug.

Comment

Can't wait

Go Jazzgirl...I'm with you...Not gonna hold my breath!!...I already take tumeric, mostly because it's an anti-inflamatory...not counting on it as any kind of cure...I AM gonna watch my diet and exercise. Dr Terry Wahls had an interesting newsletter today..check it out. The article was about your gums and inflamation in your body..talked about "oil pulling" therapy.
      [I]Tellnhelen
      Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

Originally posted by jazzgirl View Post
        I won't be holding my breath. I've lived through far too many of these "this is the answer" studies.
        I feel the same way.

If I held my breath over every study or report hoping this was the "one" I would have passed out by now
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

It seems, in modern US medicine, no matter how many people take something for a condition, and report a positive result, it is not taken seriously until confirmed by an (expensive) clinical trial, most often funded by a for-profit pharmaceutical company.

People have eaten Tumeric for centuries in India and SE Asia and have remarkably low levels of autoimmune disease and Alzheimer's. Are Indian's really that much different than Americans?

10s of 1000s of people now take Low Dose Naltrexone for autoimmune diseases, including MS, and report good results in terms of symptom improvements and progression rate. Are these user experiences lies?

Supplements, magnesium, vitamin D, alpha lipoic acid, for example, all have shown positive effects in managing MS, but these user experiences are not "confirmed" and largely ignored.

It didn't used to be this way, and it's not like this in the rest of the world.

Evidently, if you can't make buckets of money on it, our medical establishment wants little to do with it, and our own government seems to encourage this mindset through the FDA regulatory process.

Instead of considering the actual user experiences of 1000s, we make treatment decisions based on a few hundred. Take the CRABs as an example. The data which MSers make treatment choices today is based on 15+ year old research assumptions, on only two years trial data, that did not differentiate between male, female, age, brain vs. spinal lesions, and was shown to be only 30-35% effective versus 20-25% for the placebo, with no idea whether they have any impact on long-term disease outcome.

Maybe Tumeric/Curcumin is just as, or more effective than a CRAB drug...we will never know.

Like I have said before, if Aspirin were discovered today, it would take ten years to bring to market, $50 million dollars, and finally cost over $1000 a month only by prescription.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoia View Post
            What excites me about GM-CSF research is that it gets away from the across-the-board immunosuppressant effect that so many of the available treatments have.

It's a bit like using a high-powered rifle with a sniper scope instead of a Gatling gun.

As for as the doctor's statement about Turmeric is concerned, yes, it's bold indeed! As far as I can tell, although there's good evidence that Turmeric/Curcumin can reverse progression in mice, there's still no confirmation that it has the same effect in humans.

I the sniper rifle vs. Gatling gun comparison. Apt. Getting away from the immunosuppressant "bandaid" methodology is a positive step, for sure.

If only we were mice.
            Barbie

Comment

Working...
            X