Do you ever wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you ever wonder

Do you ever wonder how you became this person with MS?

I keep thinking that this is for other people - people that are brave or I don't know..... just other people.

I wonder how it is that I give myself these Copaxone shots every day knowing that they hurt.

How did I (a person that avoids medicine at all costs) become a person that dishes out a dozen pills each morning to get me through the day?

How is that I am just sucking this up - I should be really upset or something - this is a big deal. How do I keep doing this?

When did I become a person that asks for help instead of coming to everyone's rescue?

How is that I still get up every day and go through life without letting people around me in on my secret life of MS?

It just really blows me a way some times what MS means. It certainly was not in my most awful nightmares how I pictured my life to turn out, but here I am surviving, living, learning, growing and moving forward - with MS.

Seems weird, huh?

I too have thought those same thoughts. Always wondering how or why.
    I am told always " you are so brave and strong how do you do it?" I say "thank you" and "I don't know I just do" but I think to myself really how do I do it, then I say Because I have to to feel good.
    Very good thread love it

Comment

What I find myself wondering is how do I manage to fake so well. People out and about comment on how well I am doing or when they find out I have MS say they never would have known. (I do wonder how they think they would know it...) I think, "huh. I feel like crap, I am in pain literally all the time and tired every single day." Apparently it doesn't look like it.

Comment

It's what we do best

It is amazing to think about it all, how we are able to endure things we never thought possible.

Sometimes I wonder if I am given this challenging path to learn something far beyond anything I could have imagined. That's fine, I can roll with it I guess, as though I had a choice.
        Great thread.....

Comment

I don't think there is any "reason" why bad things happen. It is just fate.
          Good people die every day in accidents. No reason, it was fate.
          Good people get cancer or die from it every day. No reason, it's just fate.
          There was no reason why I got MS. I just did.
          We adapted to the massive changes to our lives, and deal with it.

it is what it is. No reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjadg View Post
            I don't think there is any "reason" why bad things happen. It is just fate
            I didn't say I look at MS as a bad thing. I don't.

Everything happens for a reason. For me personally it has given me time to really work on building a bond with my two adopted chidren. They are both dealing with Reactive Attachment Disorder (so therefore I am too).

My post was more about the fact that even as time goes by I am still surprised by the fact that I have MS - just don't seem to ever get used to the idea.

Comment

Well, I have to respectfully disagree.
              There is nothing "good" about having MS.
              And, a lot of things don't happen for a "reason". They just do.

But people are free to believe what they think.

Comment

I ask myself almost daily just that question and I wonder HOW in the world I do.... do it.

I even ask how much longer can I be this strong person everyone tells me I am and inside I'm screaming... So I can relate to many of you who've posted here.

One min at a time sometimes. Good luck and GOD Bless
                Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
                Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Comment

Working...
                X