Heavy, squiggly feeling in arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy, squiggly feeling in arms

I'm having a big problem with fatigue right now. Even with my two anti-oxidants, which have been life savers for the past year and a half, the exhaustion is overwhelming. (In fact, yesterday my neurologist gave me a prescription for amantadine, which I'm planning on filling tomorrow because I just can't take this anymore.)

I'm having a problem right now that just started a few hours ago with my arms, particularly my right arm, feeling very heavy with a weird squiggly feeling. It's hard to describe. I'm kind of having difficulty lifting or using that arm as it feels like it has suddenly gained about 250 pounds. Has anyone felt anything like this? (I remember years ago, before my other weird symptoms started, I would get a similar feeling right in the middle of my upper back that felt like this squiggly, weird feeling.)

I hate this stuff!
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Shashi, I am on amantadine 100mg, suppose to take 2 per day. I can't seem to handle the second one, even if I take it at noon, makes me too jittery. The amantadine does keep you from falling to sleep, but it drives me crazy, as I have the energy (inside) to do things, but the body fatigues so fast that it becomes extremely frustrating. One per day is all I can handle. I wish you the very best of luck with it!!! I sooooooooooo understand the extreme fatigue.
    MS, it's a brain thang!
    Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

WACVet, have you tried acetyl L-carnitine and alpha lipoic acid? They give you the energy you need without the jitters. They usually work great for me, but I'm in a bad flare right now, and they're just not working as well for whatever reason.
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Arm Problem also

Hi Shashi, sorry you are experiencing an arm problem. I just saw my Neuro this past week. My right arm has been heavy and weak. When I go to pour my coffee in the morning I can barely get the karaffe to the lip of the cup. I am also in limbo. My first Neuro Dx me with MS....but he was all over the board with everything..long story.. I have a new Neuro. I have alot of faith in him.

This is my first post in quite awhile. Limbo really SUCKS! I have been at this for awhile. I started with opitic neuritis at age 37. My problems have been very incidious! I have read many of your posts. Hang in there!

My MRI's have been stable for 5 years. I am in my 60's now. Had alot of symptoms early on that I just ignored. I have a very weak leg now and alot of pain in my legs. I am very concerned as I feel I am getting worse! My neuro just put me on Neurotin. I see him for an EMG in May. Yuck!!

Comment

My right hand has been numb, and my right arm has that heaviness, but no squiggly feeling. i guess that is my break.

Yes, it is highly annoying.,..along with all this other misery that goes along with it.

Comment

Working...
          X