Cleaning out ears BEFORE an MRI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning out ears BEFORE an MRI

Years ago my ENT told me to stop using Q-Tips. And he even explained that it says not to use it for your ears on the box label.

As a result, my ears now are so plugged with ear wax. That makes for an awful and lengthy MRI experience (I cannot use the headphones). Years ago another ENT used a solution to put in my ears that broke up the ear wax and cleared everything up.

I don't want to go to the extent of visiting an ENT or even my PCP for that. Are there any decent OTC products that I can use?

I had a horrible MRI experience and I don't want to repeat it, especially since it took like three times the time for it.

We clean our ears with Peroxide. Just put a pour a little bit in there from the cap. Use a towel to catch the run off. Give it a while, it will bubble like crazy. Kids used to not like it so much but it really works. After about 2-3 minutes turn head up right and let it all flow out onto the towel. Might take awhile longer or more than once if your ears are that bad.

Comment

I would think any OTC ear wax removal would be fine. I have even used store brands with success. I get the ones that come with a bulb syringe.

I have never tried Peroxide but I have heard it works.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi, There are OTC ear wax removal kits that come with the solution, mostly peroxide I believe and an ear syringe.

Easiest way is to put the drops in before bed for about three nights to soften the wax for easier removal. Just do one ear at a time. Then get some water at a comfortable temperature for you and syringe into ear. Have a bowl to catch the water (and the wax) and a towel handy.

It is very effective, and you will be able to hear! If this does not work, contact your physician. mac

Comment

Ear candeling

you couls also try ear candeling (sp?) alot of natrupaths, or chriopractic / massage clinincs also have someone who can do this, or at a spa.

Comment

Working...
          X