Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue Medication

Hi:

I was diagnosed with RR MS in August '09. My neurologist started me on Copaxone and some other oral medications.

At that time, I had what I would call moderate fatigue. It improved greatly shortly after the new medications for the MS.

Now I have what I would consider severe fatigue. My Dr. prescribed Provigil for me. First 200mg. once daily then 200mg. twice a day after no success.

Previously, I have had gastric bypass surgery and don't absorb nutrients/medications normally anymore. Depending on how the drug is metabolized, some pills/capsules work, some don't.

With that in mind, I thought that possibly the Provigil was not getting absorbed.

Yesterday, I saw my Dr. again and we talked about liquid medications as they are better absorbed by gastric bypass patients.

He started me on Amantadine liquid and I take it so it equates to 100mg. three times a day.

Just wondering if anybody has any comments about the Amantadine. I am particularly curious about when I might expect to see improvement, if any.

Thanks,
    Glenn

I took Amantadine for over a year and was fairly happy with it. It worked for me right away, the results was subtle, not a big boost of energy, but enough to get me up and going.

The effect would last 4-6 hours. I took 2 doses a day, one in the morning one mid-afternoon.

Amantadine is an anti-viral medication, and I was never sick with viruses while I took it.

I would give it a good week to see if you are benefiting.

Comment

Working...
    X