bowel and bladder issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bowel and bladder issue?

Does anyone else have bladder and bowel problems? Like waking up 3-4 times a night? What helps you "get going" in the morning. Help..

Cathing has pretty much eliminated the waking up at night to pee. Coffee helps me get going, bowel, in the morning. Cath before I leave for the day, drastically reduces trips to the loo during the day.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Over in the ladies room we've been talking alot about magnesium, which acts as a muscle relaxant and can calm the bladder. I take it at night before bed and can get thru the night most nights.

Especially before bed, I don't feel any need to go, I have to sit and wait, go, sit and wait, try again. If I am successful and am fully empty before bed, I don't have to get up.

I have had urodynamic testing, I do retain but not enough to cath. I have frequency, urgency, bladder spasms. Cutting out most of my caffeine helped.

Now the bowel problems are another matter....the magnesium actually helps there, too, acting as a bit of a laxative.

Comment

For ladies - I would suggest a consult at a reasonably major medical center that has both urogynecologists and neurologists (and for men - urologists and neurologists). And maybe call in a GI doc too. I think the older we get - the more we have these problems - whether or not we have MS (I don't). Cigarettes and coffee get me going in the morning (most docs probably wouldn't recommend this ). Robyn

Comment

I DONT PEE THAT MUCH.
          I STARTED A PILL CALLED BETHAAZONE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. THAT STIMULATES THE BLADDER TO HELP YOU FINISH. IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FOR NOW.

THE BOWEL IS ANOTHER ISSUE. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING FROM REMEDIES TO FIBER DRINKS. NOTHIN SEEMS TO HELP.

JUST THESE ONE PILLS BUT THEY MAKE U BLADDER OUT OF YOUR BOWEL. AND THAT THING THAT U STICK UP UR BUTT THAT HELPS YOU GO./
          Billy
          Dx: 09/2004
          09/2011- oooppppssss still have it.

Comment

Medtronic Interstim works great for me.

Before that I had to cath and used Flomax. Also took in a lot of fiber (excuse me) LOL!

I understand if you have MS, Interstim is not FDA approved.

I got mine before the diagnosis of MS.

I do know someone that has gotten one since her diagnosis.

Good Luck

Comment

Working...
            X