Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Child's Vitamin D Levels

Hi There

Any interesting thread was started on this topic over on Facebook, so I thought I would ask in here.

For those of you that have children, have you had their vitamin D levels checked, going on the theory that low Vitamin D levels may be associated with MS?

Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend
    Sneaky P
    Diagnosed July 1st 2009 ~ RRMS

They're not brain lesions...they're bight ideas

Sorry Typo

Sorry initial post had a typo that I missed. It was supposed to read 'AN interesting thread...'

Oops

Comment

Regular daily sunshine exposure should be enough, but it didn't work for me. Most non-school days out from sunup to sunset and D fortified milk. D supplement that is best is D3, what our bodies make from the sunshine.
      Bill
      Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

I was told by my neurologist that my sons needed to be supplementing with D3. They both take 2,000IU a day. They both understand the importance of this and don't complain.

Comment

I have my daughter taking D3 daily, I am worried about her as she did have mono a few years ago her first year in college. Plus she was a competitive figure skater all her young life, hardly ever outside in the sun from age 10-18.

Comment

I'm a Canadian who now lives in Australia. My daughter was born here. During the summer months she's out in the sun all day, but come the winter months she spends a bit more time inside.

She will be 4 next month, should I be taking any precautions such as vitamin supplements or having her tested?

TIA
            Sneaky P

Comment

My grandchildren all take 1000 IU of D3 daily. My children, who are all adults now, take 2000 to 5000 IU.

Comment

Originally posted by Justsayyes View Post
                I have my daughter taking D3 daily, I am worried about her as she did have mono a few years ago her first year in college. Plus she was a competitive figure skater all her young life, hardly ever outside in the sun from age 10-18.
                I worry about this too as my daughter had mono as a teenager and was born and raised in Alaska for the first 10 years of her life. She takes D3 now but will suggest she gets blood work done.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X