Biopsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biopsy

I had my biopsy yesterday and it went well. I won't know anything until next week. Talk about crazy though, I went into this thinking I'd be knocked out and wake up when it was done. Nope, I realized about 5 minutes before that I would be awake & just given local anesthetic! Oh crap, they did give me something to calm me but I watched the entire procedure, including seeing him stitch me back up! Believe it or not, the procedure was my calmest time! They were really nice & we had a great conversation through it all!

The other crazy part was that not only was I the only female patient in the surgery center, out of 7 patients, I was the only non-prisoner!! 6 inmates & 7 guards, that was unnerving!

I can remove the patch tomorrow, I'm nervous about that. He removed about 1/3 of my lower eyelid. Nothing like a black eye for Easter!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

WOW you sure have been through a LOT of late.. so sorry. Hugs for your troubles. Glad the biopsy is over and yes you are awake for eye situations..but glad they gave you something to keep you calm.

Hopefully your FULL recovery is on its way..we're here for you as you wait. Black eye or not..be well my fellow friend,

Warmly, Jan
    I believe in miracles~!
    2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
    Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I'm glad everything went okay, though I would have freaked out over being awake! I'd definitely have to be asleep for any procedures on or around my eyes.

Let us know when you get the results.

Hugs and prayers,

Lisa
      Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
      Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
      Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I'd go nuts with them working RIGHT THERE. Ghaaaaaaaa.

I used to be the night pharmacist at a hospital where the prisoners from the local county jail were brought so I eventually became used to seeing the guards, etc. Sort of.

Hope you get good news next week.
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I will try again tomorrow."

Comment

(((((hugs))))))

Thinking of you today, what an ordeal you went thru! Hope the eye heals quickly!

Comment

Biopsy results

Well, my Dr. called and my biopsy was positive for cancer , that sucks but the pathologist believes he removed it all! Thank God!! Now I have to go back bi-monthly for follow up visits. Thanks for all your prayers!

Comment

(((((((((((((((Luv2worship)))))))))) I am sorry it came positive. My prayers go out to you and your family

Comment

((hugs)) and prayers!!
                Erin

doing the Limbo since 2005

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry the results weren't so good, and I do hope the doctor was able to get all of the cancer.

I'll keep you in my prayers that all will be well.

Big hugs,

Lisa
                  Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
                  Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
                  Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Biopsy update

Just thought I'd let everyone know that I had my stitches removed last Thursday and my eye looks so good! I was concerned because on Weds. it started burning & tearing up horrifically!! The white of my eye was blood red & I was so afraid it was infected or the MS decided to flare. It ended being a really bad scratch right across my pupil, I had put the top down on my car that morning so I probably got it then.

My Dr. redialated it to take away the pressure, gave me drops for it & said the best thing for it was to keep it cosed. I went home, closed all the curtains in my room (made it very dark) & slept for 6hrs!! Would you believe, when I woke up 90% of the pain was gone! Thank God!

Now when I tell people I had cancer & had to have over a 1/3 of my lower eyelid removed just 2 1/2 weeks ago, they can't believe it! Thanks for all your prayers & words of encouragement!!

Comment

Working...
                    X