Scared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared

all day today and in the last night last night, i feel like i am having a freaking panic attack.. my chest tightens up and my back really hurts..for about 1 min at a time.....

then goes away.. i am so tired today and my body aches everywhere...

i dont know if this is my nerves ahead of my spinal tap, or if it is MS related...

i just want this all to be a really bad dream!!

In my own journey to get disability i made the cardinal mistake of not getting an attorney first so I had to appeal and it took a total of 28 months. I did learn that you will need your doctor to say that you need to be able to lay down, I also went to our network 180 to document my mental state and depression. I saw the judge hone right in on that very curious of my mental score, I did not even know I had one. the judge also was interested on how long I focus on something without losing intrest.

I was also told not to doctor shop but that was not an issue for me as I've had the same one since 97. It also helped that my doctor was supportive of me going on disability, and also the attorney can get a statement from him. I hope this helps you, and remember the amount an attorney gets is 25% up to a max of $6000 and social security pays him not you.

Hope the best to you in your journey

Comment

Your upcoming test could definitely be causing stress that ramps up strange symptoms. One time I was stressed about a procedure I was scheduled for and I was passing out from the anxiety. It was strange and I've never had that happen again thank goodness!

Hope this calms down for you. I was in a panic over my spinal tap and it was not as bad as I expected, I felt that my epidurals for childbirth were worse.

Best wishes to you, hope the test gives you some answers.

Comment

Try to take some deep breaths slowly in and out as you're feeling this way. I know, easy for me to say, not so easy to do. Wishing you much luck on your LP. That's one test I'm very grateful that I didn't have to do.
        What if trials of this life
        Are Your mercies in disguise?
        "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Hey, just to let you know that the spinal tap was actually one of the easier things I've ever had to do medically. I think it is mainly just a real creepy thought about what they are doing. The hardest part for me was lying flat for the rest of the day, as my back got very stiff and sore.

But, do follow their instructions of staying flat as I hear the "spinal headache" is not fun.

All the best to you

Comment

The procedure itself was pretty easy and as a previous poster said a lot easier than my epidural for my twins. However, I did not stay down as long as I should have. Do stay flat on your back as long as possible. I stayed in the hospital for a few hours on my back and was told I was fine just take it easy the rest of the day but being a new mom I went home and took care of my girls and of course went back to work the next day. I had a severe headache for about two weeks. It was the worst headach I ever had. So please if you can stay down.

Hope my experience will help you.

Comment

Sounds like it could be muscle spasms as well.
              , T2B

"I have a lot of pain in my microwave".

Comment

Working...
              X