Good news thread anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news thread anyone?

I couldn't be more thrilled. My vision is finally near normal most of the time. Now it only blurs when I get a headache or if I get overheated. And, I'm halfway tapered down from the prednisone and it's still good. I saw the neuro opth a couple of weeks back to check for problems with a topamax prescription that didn't work out very well. She said the vision in one eye had improved over the last visit.

Another thing, the fevers are gone. Except for an occasional burst for a day or two into the very low grade range, there haven't been any of those since my thyroid antibody level came down into the normal range.

And today, was a great day despite the cold wind. I woke up with some energy, had a normally productive day for the first time in six weeks, and got some organic veggies started inside and outside. If you include the fabulous, gourmet multicourse breakfast and dinner for the family today, I'd rate this one 4.5 stars out of 5.

Thought I'd share some cheerful good news. There is always so much negative in the world. That and, sometimes it seems we don't celebrate enough of these small victories.

I don't think I'll ever take a 'feeling normal' day for granted again. Now when I have them, I want to cram as much in as I can get because I never know when it's going to be over.

Now if only there were time to cook like this in advance for those down days!
    I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Yay!!! What a great day, here's to a bunch more
    Teresa
    Diagnosis February 2011 Avonex: February 2011 - September 2011, Copaxone: September 2011 - current

Comment

Hey, that is awsome! You are absolutely right about all the negativity we are hear and see in the news. It is nice to hear you are feeling better.
      Christ now gives us courage and confidence, so that we can come to God by faith. Eph. 3:11 (DX 2/11)

Comment

Hey, thanks. I was hoping others had some good news too. I guess when you're feeling good, you're probably busy and not here to see the post.

Considering this is a support forum, maybe it was the wrong thing to post.

Comment

Hi JumpinJ

Considering this is a support forum, maybe it was the wrong thing to post.
          I think there is always room for positive stuff regarding MS.

Also, have you seen our new forum called The Good Life? That's a new forum for uplifting type stuff too.

Take care,
          KoKo
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I did see that late last night, but haven't ventured in yet. It was after I posted in here. Of course. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
            X