Beta injection #2 at full dose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta injection #2 at full dose

Ok, so yesterday was my second injection of Betaseron at the full dose and today was, well, horrible!! I broke out in a cold sweat (literally dripping down my face!) & felt like I was going to pass out if I stood to long. (we're talking seconds, nothing longer) My heart has had these palpitations 3x since the shot. The first injection at the full dose wasn't much better!

I'm on our worship team at church and I couldn't even make it through practice, I made the choice to not be on the stage because I didn't want to be a distraction. I know they talk about how important it is to be on a DMD but I've been on all but Avonex and the only one that hasn't produced side effects is TY and its the only one that I noticed a marked improvement but I can't afford even the $100. infusion center co-pay. I'm going to give the Beta a chance but if I continue to feel like this, I'm DONE!! I'd rather take my chances with the natural course of MS than feel like crap taking a med. that isn't even going to cure me!!
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Did you premedicate with a couple ibuprofen or Tylenol? and post-medicate? If I didn't take ibuprofen during the first 6 months after starting Beta I felt horrible. I've only been on it since Sept, and still premedicate but now I can just take one ibuprofen. A couple of times I've forgotten but it has been okay.

You might need to experiment and see if Tylenol or ibuprofen works for you. Just remember these are powerful meds...your body needs some time to adjust!

Hang in there.

Comment

I HAVE BEEN ON BETA FOR 13 YEARS. TAKE IBIPROFIN OR TYLENOL BEFORE INJECTING AND TAKE THE INJECTION BEFORE YOU GO TO SLEEP. yOU WILL NOT FEEL THE GREATEST THE NEXT DAY BUT YOUR SYMPTOMS WILL BE LESS.

Comment

I've been on Beta for years. I say I have no side effects, but in reality, I do. And I know I do, if I think about it, but I guess I've learned to play the Queen of De-Nile game and not think about them or I've gotten used to them.

I don't have any flu-like symptoms, but I get the flushing, a mild headache, and the clammy skin. Today I was at PT, and the therapist noticed I was getting a little flushed, and I knew I was sweaty and feeling clammy. He asked me if there was a problem, and I said, "No...just had my Beta shot last night."

I do think side effects lessen with time, and some people don't have any side effects, but I also think we somehow get used to some of them and they begin to feel like our "normal"...awful thought, but I think it's true.

Has Beta worked? There's the rub, nobody knows. Am I where I am because of the relapsing remitting nature of the disease? How much worse would I be if I hadn't used a DMD for the past 8 years, don't know? Maybe I'd be the same, but I keep doing it because it "seems" to be working.

Comment

Working...
        X