Sporadic Heat Intolerance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sporadic Heat Intolerance

Hi Everyone - I was wondering if anyone else experiences sporadic heat intolerance as opposed to always having a reaction to the heat? I do have this symptom, however it seems to affect me randomly. Running, high temps, hot tubs and hot showers seem to trigger this only about 15-25% of the time.

Just curious, thank you for your responses!
    JSSL

Hi JSSL

Early on, I think my heat intolerance was more sporadic, and I wasn't affected every time by a rise in body temperature.

Now 12 years after diagnosis, heat affects me physically every time (any time my body temp rises whether from outside temperature, fever, showers, physical exertion,etc).

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

occasional heat intolerance also

Hi JSSL--

I am the same way. When I was having a bout in '09 where the left side of my body went numb for months, I was very heat intolerant. I had a heck of a time being that the bout started in the middle of June. My whole summer was basically ruined. I love spending time outdoors and was basically banished to the air conditioned house (thank God I have air where I'm at now) -- anyway, after the bout subsided about 10 months later I was fine that next summer. Although, I do still randomly have mild heat intolerance for example when I got into a very warm bath and my left foot spasmed into a charly-horse where a couple of toes spread apart from each other and wouldn't let up for a while!! Wow, was that painful. Again this was on my left side that has had residual issues since the '09 bout.

Comment

Thank you both! I do hope that mine remains sporadic

Comment

My heat intolerance tends to kick in only when it's humid (or maybe it just kicks in at a lower temp when humid?) But a hot shower combined with my morning coffee is guaranteed to set it off!
          Teresa
          Diagnosis February 2011 Avonex: February 2011 - September 2011, Copaxone: September 2011 - current

Comment

Working...
          X