Graduate Student needing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had problems with MS as graduate student

If you look at my previous postings you will see that I have mentioned previously my problems with MS and graduate school at Humboldt State. I was quite shocked at how little people want to help. And you should remember one thing: school success is a competitive thing and "dumb" people are equal to MS symptoms people and some teachers don't think they are there to rehabilitate dumb people. Hard to explain but that is how i saw it. And of course most MS symptoms are "hidden" and so people are sceptical about what is happening inside you that they can't detect through normal means. I found communication was the big problem and also related to mobility. Because I couldn't get myself to the places I needed to go to and contact people in person. Telephone calls just aren't effective sometimes. The problem with a disability such as MS is that unless you are in a wheelchair people just don't get it.
    Even while on crutches I found that the urgent needs and goings of others made them frustrated to just get around or over me and not actually help. This was great therapy for me because I used to always be the smartest one as I have a high I.Q. and won lots of big scholarhsips when younger. It is interesting to be 64 and then start to be considered a dummy. It gives me the whole 360 degree social view of intelligence in the eye of the beholder

Comment

Update

Hello everyone I hope all is well with everyone. I am still going through this headache. Well I am not going to sit back and let the school get away this. I would not want the next person to go through something like this. I just read the :

But You Look
      So Good!”
      Managing Specific Issues

of the latest nationalMSsociety.org pamphlet. It was very good for presenting some of the issues many of us go through.

The National conference is coming up and it would be nice to get a way to bring up academic issues there. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I do not think the school wants their dirty laundry aired out publicly. Like Nabbosa, and Zencali and others have posted there are problems in academics especially at the graduate and professional level. I will think and pray on this because it is heavy on my heart to see fairness in any situation like this and others. What has this country become when even simple things like compassion etc. are tossed out. Well I do not want to bore everyone so please if anyone has any suggestions please post. Thanks.

Comment

Hello

Hello lac4x9 I hope all is well. If you have any legal information could you please list some options. I think it is time to go legal. Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X