Pristiq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pristiq

Anyone on Pristiq for fatigue? My neuro just prescribed it. I've taken it for 3 days; so far nothing changed.

Diane
    You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Hi Diane,

Some anti-depressants help with having more energy. Those with depression can have a lack of energy and/or no motivation.

I had used Pristiq to try and help with anxiety and pain. I was not dealing with depression at the time I started Pristiq but in less than 2 weeks I became suicidal...medication induced.

If you are not having any side effects from Pristiq you might give it more time to see if it will help, 3 days really isn't very long for the medication to kick in.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I take that for the depression. It works good for that. IMO.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

I have taken Pristiq for anxiety and depression for about 2 years. It is the best drug I have taken for those issues. I believe it took at least a month for me to feel the benefit.

I agree that a lack of energy/motivation is a symptom of depression...however I have discussed Pristiq quite a bit with my doc and have never heard of it prescribed particularly for energy. In fact..in the beginning it really made me tired!!

I would google it..there are several sites and threads that i read over the years with other folks' experiences.

I would caution you about the side effects....coming off Pristiq is no picnic. If you miss it for a couple days or change dosage it can be very uncomfortable.

Good luck!
        Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Not so good

My neuro prescribed Prestiq for my fatigue, which he keeps relating to depression, but I keep telling him that I am not (was not until taking Prestiq).

Now, besides nausea I have sadness, more tired. I was on Citalopram which is the acceptable generic to take when the insurance company won't pay for Lexapro.

He didn't tell me to wean off the Citalopram, just to take the Prestiq. I stopped the Citalopram and begin taking Prestiq. Now I'm feeling MORE TIRED, NOT LESS.

He's on vacation now. So I'm stuck with this for a while.

Diane
          You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Well, I would give it some time. At least 30 days. I felt VERY tired in the beginning on Pristiq. I would lay on the couch a couple hours a day which is very unusual for me. But it has definately been the best drug for me for depression and anxiety. I take 50 mg 2X daily. I was on Lexapro prior and Wellbutrin...neither worked.

Good luck. Be patient. Be aware that some suicidal or negative thoughts can exacerbate in the beginning.
            Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
            X