Clinical trial experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinical trial experiences

I recently started a Phase II clinic trial(BG0012) for subjects with Relapsing Remitting MS in conjunction with beta interferon or Glatiramer Acetrate. My experience thus far has been difficult as I found the MRI more intense than the usual one i take and there is only staff to do the test who is not that that compassionate. I know that this will be a long haul but I am just hoping that the new drug will be beneficial. Just needed to vent and see what experieces others have had.
    Roxy118

Sometimes you just put up with all the junk they throw at you. BG0012 is hoped to be a very effective.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

I've been in clinical trials for about 7 years (different drugs) and have had A LOT of MRIs. I was very nervous with the first ones because I am mildly claustrophobic and also because I was worried that I would move. With time and experience, I've become very comfortable with them.
      What works for me is just closing my eyes and counting my breaths. I don't try to control my breathing -- just pay attention to it.
      When you're resting sometime, try placing your hands on your abdomen and count how many breaths you take in a minute. Then, when they tell you "this one will be five minutes" you can start counting (eg if you take 10 breaths in a minute, you'll count to 50 and that MRI will be close to finishing).
      ps If you can find a "restorative" or "gentle" yoga class, I strongly recommend taking it!

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH. i WILL THINK OF THIS POST WHEN i HAVE MY NEXT MRI MAY 10TH

Comment

You're welcome and best wishes

Comment

Roxy118, I am considering joining the same trial (I think). How is it going for you? Any side effects from the BG-12? Which DMD are you currently on?

Comment

Is this a placebo trial?

Comment

ijustcallit

No.All those in the trial will receive the medication
                Roxy118

Comment

My fingers are crossed for you!

Comment

Working...
                  X