New to steroid iv ????!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to steroid iv ????!!!

I made the decision to go for the IV 5 day dose of steroids this afternoon. My doctor and neuro gave me good reasons , so...
    It is almost 1 am and I'm typing ...tired with headache but can't sleep.

Do most attacks simmer down over the 5 day treatment?

My exams have been deferred...better listen and take it easy for this time!

Scary thoughts...but should work out!
    Thanks!
    PS good luck PoohB( recent post)

Hi bluenose

I don't have any experience with IV steroids personally, but thought you might be interested in this info from the National MS Society, until you get responses:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/abo...ids/index.aspx

Good luck!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks Koko

Now it's 3 am so I will check the site out. I have heard some people have trouble sleeping while on IV steroids...I better sleep soon!!
      Will this insomnia continue?

Comment

in my experience the insomnia wil continue. sorry. i think what made it worse is i couldn't really focus on anything like the tv for more than short bursts

Comment

I like mine. The first time I was up all night mopping my floor etc. Now, they just seem to help me and give me more energy. I get 3 day then a taper down pill. I sometimes get a red neck and cheeks, but so far no major side effects. Good luck nad keep us posted.

JdySz

Comment

Bluenose, I hope you are able to sleep. I was on 5 day steroid treatment in February. I had the same problem of insomnia and I talked sssooooo much. Well my neuro warned my family and me about that. So when I couldn't sleep I found someone in the house to talk to or I just watched tv. This continued until after my last day of treatment. Then I slept through the whole day.
            "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
            Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

I've done the steriod iv many times. The first thing my neuro hands me is a script for sleeping pills and one for stomach (cause you get a lot of heartburn).

The iv's have always made me feel better!

Comment

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. It's comforting to know that I am not the only flushed faced, chatty, and wide awake one in the lot. 5 nights like this...I'll be crazy!!!! Just took an extra strength nighttime Benadryl and will try to watch some TV. 3 more days to go!! At least this tightness and stiffness seems to be a bit better.

All the best, MS Forum friends

Comment

Working...
                X